Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wait Rekka is in Nataku’s mouth like an abridged series edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Annointed posted:

Wait Rekka is in Nataku’s mouth like an abridged series edit

That was in the Manga too.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It looks weird because he's not moving, it's like they stuck .jpg in there.

This episode had Maki doing close quarters combat and Arthur being an idiot so good ep. I hope Nataku gets help, boy is gonna be even messed than he already is. :smith:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

It looks weird because he's not moving, it's like they stuck .jpg in there.

This episode had Maki doing close quarters combat and Arthur being an idiot so good ep. I hope Nataku gets help, boy is gonna be even messed than he already is. :smith:

It's supposed to look wierd.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
This was a really enjoyable episode!

The Looney Tunes back and forth where everyone was trying to grab Nataku was hilarious, as was everything Arthur-related. Poor Vulcan!

I especially like that in a world full of super-powered psychos and generally crazy people, everyone thinks Haumea is a massive pest.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Haumea is very lucky she's one of the pillars. I got a good laugh out of her using her electricity to swing around on the building like Spider-Man.

Also something I've been meaning to post since first he showed up, Charon rules.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'll be honest I have no loving idea what was the point of Haumea driving Nataku insane other than "for the lulz."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Annointed posted:

I'll be honest I have no loving idea what was the point of Haumea driving Nataku insane other than "for the lulz."

That's really all there is to it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's gonna turn out anyone who uses plasma in their abilities is messed up in the head at some level.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

It's gonna turn out anyone who uses plasma in their abilities is messed up in the head at some level.

Well so far that seems to be the case. Haumea seem to do whatever she likes to the detriment of everyone else, Arthur is hardcore larper and Nataku is just insane from pressure and abuse.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thinking about it, is there anyone in this series that isn't messed up in someway?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Obi seems a bit silly, but there does not seem to be anything tragic about him.

Ogun seemed pretty normal too.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Maki's pretty stable just like her CQC

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Obi seems a bit silly, but there does not seem to be anything tragic about him.

Ogun seemed pretty normal too.

If Ogun’s Juggernaut's fault is that he’s an enormous potato-weeb, then I’d say that’s about as tame as you’ll get in this world. Especially since he shoots rockets and has questionable body proportions

Reiche fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 17, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Reiche posted:

If Ogun’s fault is that he’s an enormous potato-weeb, then I’d say that’s about as tame as you’ll get in this world. Especially since he shoots rockets and has questionable body proportions

No that's Juggernaut, Ogun is the dude who went ham on the demon infernal to buy Shinra time.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Haha oh yeah... I was thinking Juggernaut's name was Ogun.

Ogun's personality makes perfect sense for his power

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Annointed posted:

Well so far that seems to be the case. Haumea seem to do whatever she likes to the detriment of everyone else, Arthur is hardcore larper and Nataku is just insane from pressure and abuse.

Unless is this a future spoiler, Nataku's powers doesn't seem to be plasma. They're apparently nuclear in some way which is bizarre and novel (which also goes with Smokey in this arc)

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Well now I’m wondering if it is radiation how does one go from fire claws to nuclear lasers

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Annointed posted:

Well now I’m wondering if it is radiation how does one go from fire claws to nuclear lasers

Adolla Burst.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Adolla Burst.
It's magic pyrokinesis. I ain't gotta explain poo poo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
adolla bursts take something that might technically be possible except for various laws of physics, and then skips past those laws.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Edit: didn't update the thread on the app

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I uh ain’t taking Kurono being the abusive voice of comfort and jailor of Nutaku well at all

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The first part of the episode is real good, but uh...

Annointed posted:

I uh ain’t taking Kurono being the abusive voice of comfort and jailor of Nutaku well at all

Yeah

Also Charon ftw

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

The first part of the episode is real good, but uh...

Yeah

Also Charon ftw

He just wanna be a good dad also I'd prefer Nutaku actually being shown being around his family. Instead of being imprisoned.

On bright news Ethically sourced power supply not based on the suffering of naked anime girl

Annointed fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 24, 2020

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

One man’s journey to combat Horny.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Annointed posted:

I don't think it's supposed to be a good thing; more like the relationship between Medusa and Crona in Soul Eater. The kid is just traumatized in a specific way that makes them codependent with their abuser.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Annointed posted:

One man’s journey to combat Horny.

And he's stupidly strong. One finger deflecting Arrow who was able to pierce other easily. And Assault is stated as being able to put down Demon Infernals by himself. But he can't defeat the horny.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 31, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

MonsterEnvy posted:

And he's stupidly strong. One finger deflecting Arrow who was able to pierce other easily. And Assault himself is stated as being able to put down Demon Infernals by himself. But he can't defeat the horny.

:chast2b:

I have faith he can defeat the horny. Latom

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That Soul Eater cameo lmao

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 31, 2020

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
When did arrow get that scar on her face?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Centzon Totochtin posted:

When did arrow get that scar on her face?

When Hinawa shot her in their fight.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Hmm, I guess we see her face so infrequently I didn't really notice before this ep's gag

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maki :smith:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Finally, Juggernaut Gets to be cool

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Hello new characters

Goodbye new characters :gibs:

Poor guy was on his last day before shoetirement

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I can’t believe author would just off a man before he could stomp in a pair of fresh yeezies

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RIP

I don’t think there's gonna be a 2nd Company after this.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Jeez, this episode was brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Another L for Tamaki. Poor girl needs a shonen training arc.

I was half hoping the magic eye dude was so forgetful he forgot how to die from decapitation. Like juggernaut got decapitated and his layers helped him survive.