Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Trackmania (2020) was released on July 1st. Trackmania is a free to play arcade racing game with asynchronous multiplayer, an easy to use track maker, and tons of social elements. That is to say, you race against the ghosts of other players. We don't have a thread yet for this fun game, so this is the thread. I'm going to be honest, I threw this together quickly by stealing the content, images, and videos. My sole motivation is for goons to coordinate and make a club in-game so we can race cars.

For those of you that played the first games, it seems to have a lot of new track elements and powerups, like slow motion, or icy roads. It also has tighter community integration: there is a new set of official tracks released every three months, and a new featured community map every day, as well as the usual slew of community / regional leaderboards and crap.

I'll get this part out of the way quickly: Trackmania is free to play, so you can race as much as you want without paying a dime. However, to create your own racetracks with the level editor or join a club, you need to purchase "Club Access", which is some new subscription bullshit. It is also only available on UPlay or the Epic Store. It's a neat game though, and I personally don't mind throwing :10bux: at the developers for it.

Platforms
  • PC - requires UPlay or the Epic Store.

Play in an online multiplayer environment or solo against ghosts of players. Improve steadily thanks to innovative gameplay features, regionalized rankings and medals to collect, so you can race your way to the top.

Face new challenges with a new season every three months and a wide variety of community tracks displayed in the "Track of the Day" selection. There are also community campaigns in the hourly renewed arcade channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQQOwnbuvsc

With the powerful Trackmania creation and sharing tools, you can create tracks using innovative gameplay blocks. You can also imagine game modes, paint 2D skins and edit replays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN2yhKqvZ9c

Join your favorite clubs to access exclusive content and activities such as skin customization, competitions, special campaigns, online rooms, and training tracks. Create your own club to share your creations, organize your events, stream your best races and offer your members a never-ending entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTHsJhS1JmI

Practice Trackmania esport by joining casual daily and weekly tournaments. Or face off against pro-level players in the Open Grand League to qualify for the Trackmania Grand League, the official worlwide competition.

Official Discord
Here

Goon Club
Coming Soon?

Arsonide fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Sikreci posted:

I'll try to set one up after work tomorrow unless someone beats me to it. Post some images for club logos and banners and other poo poo in the mean time.

I think you need club access to join clubs, but I can at the very least create map and skin collections that are accessible for everyone. I'm not actually sure what all you can do with clubs but there's various events and stuff I know. Hopefully I can give other people admin access to the club to do that poo poo too.

Yeah I was looking at this earlier but I don't think I have time to set all of this up. Here are all the images required:
  • 256x256: Small Logo
  • 720x928: Vertical Logo
  • 1920x1080: Club Background
  • 1024x1024: Road Image
  • 1024x256: Sponsor Image
  • 1920x1080: Big Screen Image
  • 4096x256: Podium Under Big Screen Image
  • 2048x256: Bleachers Image
:suicide: I doubt we need all of that though. I guess we can start with a bog-standard goon logo, so that'll have to be my contribution for now:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arsonide fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 6, 2020

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Sikreci posted:

Alright, the Goon Prix club has been created. It's set to private at the moment so you have to request to join in-game. I also created a public room under the same name running the summer maps rotation.

Dropped in my request for Goon Prix.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Approved a few club applications.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

~Coxy posted:

What's the purpose of gas+brake?

One goes and one stops.