Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Of course there's a thread for this, it's a pretty good iteration of Trackmania. I instantly fell in love with the raised track parts, but the daily tracks have turned out to be pretty fun as well. It's always great to hear people having trouble with the ice, the bobsled track parts can be pretty fun in their own way.

When I'm not doing the dailies, I play in the Giant Bomb Unofficial Classic server, which is like a rolling snowball of server mods and custom tracks. I doubt I'll bother with club access, standard access has been really worthwhile so far though.

Any y'all do a pod race yet? :haw: Boost up, super turbo, and on sand with just recharging checkpoints and no actual track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

When I first got back into it, I tried to play how I always used to play trackmania, which was with arrow keys. But I noticed how much movement I needed between all fingers on the keys so close together, and it was getting uncomfortable fast. Guess just getting old or something? I've switched over to just using the controller, and I don't find too much hindrance with the non-digital steering input.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Enjoying today's daily track, The Cave, even if I'm bad at it. It's a combination of raised track, flat ice, and bobsled track. A fun mix of all the new stuff.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 27, 2020

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Today's daily is fun. It's tight, twisty, and fast. A lot of staples you expect from custom fullspeed tracks, but in rapid succession. It's not too difficult, but definitely a sort of sprint.

I have noticed the ghosts getting really wonky lately, but I don't mind it too much. I also don't pay attention to other peoples' times much. It's all kind of window dressing to me, so.

To me TrackMania is an inherently solo gameplay experience, just with a robust community around it. I also don't care too much about getting regional records, or anything that requires playing a given track for longer than like half an hour. It's fun to see how my profile ranks sometimes, but it's usually just more so surprising how many people are playing this game in my province. I just like to drive on the fun tracks and see how shiny of a medal I can get.

As such, Nadeo offering this :10bux: deal for a year of daily tracks and access to club rooms with custom track playlists is :pcgaming:

I'm just really enjoying the experience of logging in for the daily and having a bunch of people on the same server sharing tips and chatting about the track. To me it's TrackMania at its best.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'm still enjoying TM2020 TOTD, and know atleast one other goon doing the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Entropist posted:

I was hoping for, like, some new environments or something.

Like what? It's currently flexible enough to do most of anything, from stadium, to dirt, to snow, to outer space, to cyberpunk...