Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I feel like the F2P solo experience is pretty lacking/clunky in this.
(I get that they want you to subscribe for a year, but you still want a good population of free players to keep the game healthy...)

I can lay down times against ghosts from my region. That's fine.
There's not actually that many ghosts though. You will probably beat them all pretty easily and then you have to go out of and back into the same track to get some more competitive ghosts.
By the way, the default is to race solo and you have to specifically select race against opponents every single time.

As far as I can tell there's no friends or challenges or anything. Sure, again they want you to pay to form a crew.
But if there's nothing to do except get into the top XX of your state 4 times a year then they're not going to retain any players.

Apart from those gripes the game itself is fun as ever.

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

What's the purpose of gas+brake?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Why can you not report the 1 second times at the tops of the leaderboards when the match ends.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Oh, I didn't actually know that Trackmania supported laps. (One of the rotations I played was a Mario Kart server so I just assumed that the "normal checkpoint ends the race" was a limitation in the track editor.) That explains some of the weird behaviour I saw last night.

The actual times were 3-4 spots on the leaderboard that were all 1.xx seconds, usually the exact same down to the hundredths. The other 10-15 players all had legit times.