Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Game is good. I have club access so I could potentially create a goon club. I could do that and create a public campaign and upload all the custom goon tracks to it (pretty sure I could even upload Standard/Free edition tracks as long as you just send me the file).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

I'll try to set one up after work tomorrow unless someone beats me to it. Post some images for club logos and banners and other poo poo in the mean time.

I think you need club access to join clubs, but I can at the very least create map and skin collections that are accessible for everyone. I'm not actually sure what all you can do with clubs but there's various events and stuff I know. Hopefully I can give other people admin access to the club to do that poo poo too.

Sikreci fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 6, 2020

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

The club access was always $30 for 1 year or $60 for 3. The standard access still gets you most of the content and you can play custom maps and public club campaigns.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Alright, the Goon Prix club has been created. It's set to private at the moment so you have to request to join in-game. I also created a public room under the same name running the summer maps rotation.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Arsonide posted:

Dropped in my request for Goon Prix.
Gotcha. I made you an admin so you can also do all the things.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Speaking of ice, I finally figured out how to drive on the luge track enough to get the author medal on training 19! Now to apply it to an actual track...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h9MinE8Jh4

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

I'm just using an XBone controller, but I know you can play competitively with just the keyboard too so a controller with digital triggers probably isn't a problem. I think I get more use out of analog steering than analog brakes/throttle.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

buglord posted:

Yeah F2P feels like a demo mode rather than anything sustainable or long term. I wouldn’t mind paying $10 so I can play with clans. But 30...for only one year?
Or $60/3yrs. It's not ideal but I'm definitely getting $2.50/month of enjoyment out of it.

StoryTime posted:

Has anyone yet figured out how to replace the sound track? I'd like to put my legally acquired Ogg Vorbis files to use.
Why bother modding the game soundtrack rather than just running an external media player?

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Yeah same. I was actually planning to just play the free version to see if I liked the franchise before buying some older ones on the Steam sale but I just ended up falling in love with this one.

Training 12 can get hosed though, getting the author medal on that is 95% getting a lucky bounce off the edge of the top of the U.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Yeah, it's medal for the time set by the map author (devs in this case).

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

I would say I crash every 10-30 seconds, but the game has been perfectly stable :v:

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Yes! I finally loving nailed training 12 after like 3 or 4 hours. gently caress this track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH4k0ExT22U

Also I got 23 which was the last one I needed. It looks more exciting but was significantly easier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PflQL3IsHUQ

Time to hit some real tracks!

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Chinook posted:

What does club add, really? I bought a year of 'standard' for $10 and I don't see what I'm missing..

This game is very good.
Here's a precise breakdown of the confusing version stupidity.

https://gamespot1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/1596/15969599/3693491-trackmaniaoffers.jpg

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Hey y'all, I was out for awhile recovering from surgery but I'm back at my desk again! I approved all the outstanding join requests and Spectracide I made you an admin as well since it looks like you're around a lot too. Hopefully you'll start seeing my ghosts again soon.

I also uploaded a glowing eyesore skin I made to the club.

Sikreci fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

This is the one I've been using lately, another one I made. I've probably spent more time skinning cars than I have playing the drat game at this point.