Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Dramatika posted:

Add Fox Cigars to that list in the OP - I just got my first order from them and I'm super impressed.

So I checked out Fox Cigars after seeing this post, and noticed they had Oliva Connecticut Reserve boxes for 35% less than any other site, and free shipping. Ordered on Saturday, they show up Monday with an Oliva Series O and two Series G thrown in as well.

gently caress my wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Anyone had a Partagas Benji Menendez Master Series?

It was a limited release in 2009 and 2013, if my memory is correct. I picked up a few in the majestuoso vitola ages ago at my local shop and really liked it. I was able to pick up a box of the prominentes before they all went out of stock, but I’m on the hunt for a cigar with a similar flavor.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Likewise

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Very solid medium body smoke. Everything MF makes is decent imo. Worth picking up a couple for sure.

Smoked one I found at the bottom of my humidor just yesterday and I concur - very solid.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Lyon posted:

What are the thread’s thoughts on Plasencia? One of the guys at my B&M was talking them up. I got those Curivari and Warped samplers that I’m giving a couple of weeks to settle and then I want to try more Illusione if I can find a decent sampler. What’s everyone’s lesser known brands they like?

The last cigar tasting / dinner I went to before COVID was sponsored by Plasencia and I smoked two at the dinner and took three home and I enjoyed all of them. I’m poo poo at tasting notes but I remember them having medium to strong flavors but not too hard of a nicotine hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

moxieman posted:

Anyone had a Partagas Benji Menendez Master Series?

It was a limited release in 2009 and 2013, if my memory is correct. I picked up a few in the majestuoso vitola ages ago at my local shop and really liked it. I was able to pick up a box of the prominentes before they all went out of stock, but I’m on the hunt for a cigar with a similar flavor.

With the increased traffic in the thread, I'd like to resurrect this question and also offer to trade a stick or two of these with any of you more frequent/experienced smokers who thinks they could offer some recommendations.