Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Lyon posted:

I continue to buy more cigars than makes any financial, logical, or health related sense. There is no way I can keep up with the incoming inventory, despite my best efforts, so my stockpile of cigars is growing. I have slowed down fortunately but every time I see an interesting sampler with cigars I haven’t tried my willpower disappears.

I’ve found that I prefer Famous Smoke/Cigar Auctioneer over Cigars International/Cigar Bid. There are a few reasons, first Famous Smoke/Cigar Auctioneer has more interesting and frequent sampler offerings (in my opinion) which is still my preferred option at this stage. Second, it feels like Famous Smoke tends to be slightly cheaper (just don’t get suckered by their exclusives, I’ve found they are all sub par for the most part). Third, the customer service feels much better in my opinion. The CI/CB websites are slightly better but that’s not saying much and the shipping is pretty much identical from what I can tell.

For actual cigar content I smoked a Crowned Heads Jericho Hill today which was really good, yesterday I had a My Father No. 1 which was also very enjoyable, and a few days ago I smoked the Herrera Esteli Lonsdale that someone in the last thread recommended. It was tasty but I felt like I should have been casting spells with the Lonsdale until I smoked it down a bit.

I used to do the same, until I hit pretty much the full capacity of both humidors and that was enough to get me to stop buying. Cutting off promotional emails from cigar sites and staying off of them was a big key as well.

The other day I gave myself my worst nicotine sickness by far. I infrequently smoke to begin with, so burning through 4-5" of a Perdomo in an hour after not eating dinner + a couple ounces of bourbon prior during Counter Strike with goons left me feeling like complete poo poo. Like heavy breathing, light headed, full body discomfort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Eat some sugar to help take the edge off your nic-sickness. Nicotine lowers your blood sugar, so having something sugary helps to counteract that. If it's real bad I'll put a spoonful of granulated sugar under my tongue. If just sort of bad / queasy I keep those lovely popsicles that come in plastic tubes that cut your mouth on hand, haha.

If you start to excessively salivate or need to spit a lot, that's the first sign your blood sugar is dropping and is a precursor to the nausea.

Oh I know, this wasn't my first run in with it. I like to have a simple chocolate bar as a post-smoke item as it compliments most cigars well and helps keep me from getting sick.

Problem was with this time, it hit me so hard and so fast. I went from just being a bit woozy standing up after I was done, to feeling like death in what seemed like a minute or two. I've never had it come at me so quickly or so strong before in the years of 1-2 smokes a week that I usually hit during the spring and fall seasons.

Also if we're doing early thread shop recommendations, after being poo poo on by the CI and various CI-owned sites back-charging me from prior orders that were 9 months old due to their own billing system errors, I've switched to Holt's out of Philly for online orders. Everything has come quickly and without issue and they're my go-to for boxes. I still hit up local shops for singles when I want to try something new.