Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

EclecticTastes posted:

But, it gets better, in that signing away the IP was likely done specifically to spite Electronic Arts, who allegedly pulled a lot of strings to gently caress over Sir-Tech as much as possible in order to prevent the successful release of Wizardry 8 and force them into a buyout so EA could acquire the Wizardry license (essentially doing to Sir-Tech what they'd previously done to Origin Systems). Of course, while Sir-Tech was forced into insolvency, EA failed to prevent Wizardry 8 from being released, and the IP was sold to a company that would actually use it well, so, like Ultima VII, Wiz8 (and all the Japanese entries) exists in large part as a giant "gently caress you" to EA.

I knew nothing about Sir-tech or Wizardry going into this thread, but I suddenly have a huge amount of respect for them and I wish all the best for the Japanese Wizardry games, may they flourish for as long as video games survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I'd totally forgotten that was Wizardry. That would definitely explain why Werdna is in the party though. I also read the LP of Tales of the Forsaken Lands a little while ago.

Honestly most of what I know of Wizardry is that it's that game that inspired Etrian Odyssey and also kind of the generic fantasy setting in Japanese media along with Dragon Quest.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

3 and for now Saxx. Rhinoceros Bard is an MTG creature type and a half, and worth using at least in the short term.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I have played 0 wizardry games and you're making me want to change that. Tell me more things. Tell me ALL things...

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

You are the wind beneath my wings. Sirius isn't bad, but that right there is a treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Zurai posted:

Baron Englund is a reference to Lord British aka Richard Garriott, the guy who made Ultima.

gently caress me that's a bad one.

Hold Off and Go North. I know nothing about the game so I'm interested in what a "Bayjin" is.