Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Sure, I'll get in on this. Submitting:

Aurora, female human ranger. Scandinavian peasant voice, the one that talks about milking the cows and whatnot.

I found a ranger priceless in 8 due to the auto-searching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
#2, hybrid

Wizardry 8 is too slow for video style being worth it, imo, but it does have some great sound bits.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Virtuous. You can always whack him on the return visit if you want.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Libluini posted:

I'm voting thieving, just because that options seems to have the most votes right now and I don't want murder to win.

That said, the hall with the coffins also has a one-time full heal for your party if you drink the water. I don't know if you missed this or just forgot to mention it.

Re: Gregor. That absolute fucker. The first time I beat that thing was when I accidentally learned that you could paralyze it. Then in my current game I tried running away to gain another level elsewhere, but managed to get trapped by Gregor. Then I won anyway, because I made its skin itchy. So yeah, that status also works on Gregor.

You can blind him, too, which neuters his damage. I came to Wizardry 8 from the previous games, and status conditions are always really good in these games.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PurpleXVI posted:

As far as I'm aware there are no options to fight any Colossal Stone Genitalia in Wizardry 8, but seeing as how this is an early 00's RPG, you can expect that one part of the game will get mildly horny.

It's D. W. Bradley. I think every single game of his had voluptuous women NPCs or enemies with their tits out.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PurpleXVI posted:

My understanding is that imported parties are stripped down some, to fifth level, which I'll already be well past for everyone by the next update. So it's not a huge power boost in terms of stats... but what's a much bigger power boost is that some gear can be imported from the previous games, including some items that can't be found at all in Wizardry 8 normally. Some are sidegrades, while others are end-game power items.

Nah, Wizardry 8 doesn't let you import endgame items like Crusaders does. 8's import list is actually pretty stripped down, the most powerful stuff you can import is all roughly mid-game gear from Bane and Crusaders that there's a decent chance you either never picked up at the time (or immediately sold) because you already had better gear when you found it, or sold it later in the game as you replaced it with endgame kit.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
3, neither

There's two better companions will go anywhere that you can pick up pretty early, IIRC.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Swap Sparkles for Vi.

Vi also wears significantly more clothing in this game than in 7, hard as that may be to believe. :v:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

EclecticTastes posted:

For those of you planning to try Wiz8 for yourselves, definitely pick Male Cunning 1, you won't regret it.

I'm partial to the male eccentric voice where he's writing a book.

I've only beaten Wiz8 once, and for some reason I remember really liking the Scandinavian farmgirl voice so that's what I suggested for Aurora here.

The Southern belle voice I remember being kind of eh on until you find the fake Astral Dominae. Her reaction to that is amazing.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zurai posted:

Agreed. I almost always use that one. It's a hammy, over-acted voice, but so are most of the others and it's hilarious to think of some random Scandinavian milkmaid out there beating up robots, mafiosos, giants, undead, and other assorted badasses.

IIRC, in that one game I beat, my party consisted of the Scandinavian farmgirl, the Southern belle, an extremely proper and snobby British lass, the guy writing a book, the Russian dude out to prove himself, and the French huntsman.

Wizardry 8 definitely inherited the zany, over the top personality of the previous games.

"And so began the sequel!" - Book dude upon getting resurrected.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Hold off and Mine Tunnels.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
And filled with bullshit. You can easily get to Trynton very early in the game because that's where the plot seems to point, and those pixies will wreck your poo poo.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Take the long way.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Head to Mount Gigas.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PurpleXVI posted:

rather than requiring their recruits to just storm headfirst into the enemy fortress.

The way to destroy the T'Rang is, however, right out in the open. You don't need any kind of special passcard to reach it - you've already been there, at the very computer console you use to sabotage their ship and destroy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PurpleXVI posted:

So I've been thinking of doing another LP, and I'd like to roll two options past people...

Wizards & Warriors: When DW Bradley broke from Sir-Tech between Wizardry 7 and 8, he decided to make Wizards & Warriors on his own. It's, uh. It's a terrible piece of jank. I played it as a kid and never finished it. Closest I got was the final island one time when I put it down. I guarantee it'll be a game most of you haven't seen before. The main risk of this one is that I may not be able to make it work, though it's been released on GOG so the worst of that should be overcome. The other risk is that it may simply crash repeatedly or that I may hate myself so much that I fake a total computer meltdown to get out of finishing the LP.

Coincidentally I just picked this up last week on GOG and started playing it, and it's been surprisingly stable.

It's my pick, though fair warning: you will need so many censor bars. Lots and lots of bare titties in this one. :v: