Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

FairGame posted:

So getting ANY savegame from Wiz7 into Wiz8 would've been a minor miracle given the changes in technology and the significant chunk of time between the games.

I remember SirTech kind of acknowledging this though, there's a section in the manual on importing and it's like "If you're interested in this, you've been waiting a long time. Thank you." Which is kinda cool of them.

Also you're attempting to become gods and you don't accomplish something like that without stepping on everyone else's neck so murder this man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Don't go dungeon delving without your very own Blade Cuisinart!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Wizardry 1-5 are also pretty much completely different game systems from 6-8 so if 8 looks like your jam and you're curious about the others you can limit yourself to 6 or 7 without missing much.

If you're interested in the others try either 1 or 5. 1 is the absolute classic and 5 is the perfect incarnation of what pre-DW Bradley Wizardry was all about. Wizardry 4 is probably one of the most difficult games ever made and I wouldn't recommend it to absolutely anybody.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Also if you're really set on playing 1 or 5 like I suggested, 1 is available on the NES and 5 is on the SNES and both are decent ports with far far FAR superior graphics.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Knowingly blowing Trebor up in EVE would be pretty fun

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Spear of Death crew representin :q:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Decided to play this game again for the first time since it was released. Is there an easy way to get it to support widescreen? I found something called the Wizardry 8 Extender which supposedly allows it but Windows Defender freaked out and told me it had a trojan in it.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah I absolutely despise texture stretching and that's what it was doing, but I played around and got it to do black bars on the sides which I can live with.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

For the upcoming update I had a fight that I had to restart something like 20 times to win

wizardry.txt, from the very first game all the way through to the very last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Death to Rattkin they were assholes on Guardia and there's no reason to think they'll be any different here.