Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
The only wizardry games I have played are 7 & 8. And when I started 8 I was so traumatized by those friendly npcs that I never considered attacking them.

It actually looks easier here, because the npc doesn't run away imminently after summoning his overpowered crew. Which deprives you of most available loot, unless you can kill him in two rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Zurai posted:

So thanks to this thread, I found out that there's a small but surprisingly in-depth selection of mods for Wizardry 8, including options everywhere from "minor tweaks and balance changes" (Christian Coder's mod or Flamestryke's mod) all the way up to "gently caress everything you thought you knew about Wiz8, this is an entirely different game" (Lunastralis or Wizardry Reforged).

I'm playing White Wolf's mod now, which is sort of in the middle of those two extremes. It leaves the game's original plot structure more or less alone until the very end, but has a ton of new items, tweaks classes and spells, introduces some new RPCs (including two in the monastery, one of which is a Priest right on the beach so you never have to worry about early game healing), a bunch of new side quests, and then several huge late game/post game areas. There have also been little tweaks to most of the zones; there's an extra shop in Arnika with some new custom items, etc. I'm having a ton of fun with it. It's new enough to be interesting without making me throw out everything I've learned across a dozen playthroughs of the original game.

Does that healing priest tempt you to walk back to him for embarrassingly long distances instead of resting? Like the healing fountain in the tutorial dungeon in wiz7?