Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
(1) How many days will each league last, from opening day? If you think the championship will be awarded, just answer "complete." If you think the season will get canceled before opening day, feel free to answer with a negative. For seasons that do start but do not finish, we'll compare them by % of scheduled games played before the shutdown.

MLB: 30
NHL: COMPLETE
NBA: 30
NFL: 50 (not counting preseason)

(2) First tiebreaker. How many players from each sport will end up contracting SARS-CoV-2?

MLB: 120
NHL: 20
NBA: 40
NFL: 700 (NEXT MAN UP!)

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Up to 71 MLB players testing positive already.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Honestly, I think I was wrong about them shutting down MLB before they start. I think they're actually going to play some number of games. It's crazy.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Hand Knit posted:

Congratulations to the NHL for reaching the end of the season.

Cases during the bubble: officially 0

Cases in phase 2 (league testing before training camp): Officially 43, I think

Honestly amazing. The NBA is gonna be real low too.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The NBA and NHL bubbles were extraordinarily successful. And also sound like they really, really sucked for the players and staff and folks who were stuck inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

This NYTimes article reports "over 700."

It's amazing how much we stopped giving a gently caress about mass death.