Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Why doesn't Yorkshire use any of the special ammo? I think he had shotgun slugs that would have made the Big Daddy much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Goddamn it Yorkie, you got to start using the tools you've been provided.
All those special shotgun slugs and grenades are just sitting in your inventory.
"Money is like an arm or a leg, use it or lose it." - one shithead industrialist fitting Rapture very much.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

"No you shut up derek, god you suck at this. no the pink one derek THE PINK ONE"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Shitenshi posted:

I don't know if I missed something but those alarms do seem to go off way too often. Is there some way to anticipate them or some trigger that's extremely obvious which Tea is missing? If not, I can definitely understand getting sick of that sort of nonsense, especially after getting through some tight spots and then going to a new area, only to deal with the same trouble and loud mouthed genetic druggies coming at you no holds barred.

Also, "this game is trying to make a point, but I don't know what." Objectivism in a nutshell. I'm am surprised to see that Ryan is both actually alive, and he took the trouble to contact the protag or even knows of his existence. I figured a high and mighty rear end in a top hat like that would be the first to go when civilization goes all Darwin on each other.

Other than the aforementioned control pheromones Ryan uses to subdue the splicers of Rapture, he always controlled any and all security apparatus that was built and recruited.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Watching a splicer get killed by a hacked health station is also fun.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It's not much of a spoiler that there was The One Law: no contact with the outside world.
Everything else goes so long as it's not disrupting business, but with time Andrew Ryan became more of an absolute dictator. Culminating with actual mind control

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You sound like you doubt, ARE YOU A loving DOUBTER?!

Cohen is all the most horrible stories about Nero and they're all real.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Shooting Cohen in his smug disaster of a face is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

Pity Tea won't have the satisfaction of killing him later though.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

He's an Industrialist(TM) he doesn't need to actually contribute anything beyond the initial investments.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

loving Timecube makes more sense than Atlas Shrugged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Ryan is probably unaware as he only gets a good look at Jack before the office scene ( the "you are my greatest disappointment" radio call)