Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
I'm very nearly certain you can manually "reload" Eve by literally hitting the reload button while you have your plasmid hand out. It took me a while before figuring out you could do that, and I'm guessing it's because unlike with guns you'll never be prompted to reload when you're low on Eve as you are with ammo.

It's a weird design flaw I believe they finally fixed in Infinite. Eve is basically a second ammo type that is treated like health in that it's represented by a bar with no hard quantification. You'll probably gain some sense eventually of how much Eve one shot of lightning costs as you keep playing, but it'll always be your mental estimation rather than a clear "I have 7 out of 9 shots left before I need another hypo." Bioshock Infinite's mana bar equivalent will have the meter divided into however many blocks depending on the ability you have equipped. IIRC anyway since it's been a while.

e: should add that even though you can manually reload it, even the smallest smidge of Eve is enough for one use of whatever ability you have out, and hypos are always full refills.

Ghost Stromboli fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
So it doesn't exactly have EXPLOSIVE written on the side but I do love watching these guys talk about how telekinesis could have combat applications while they lob a tennis racket at a lady crouching down next to an explosive canister (the red cylinder).

It's also surprising to see someone have this much trouble with cameras.

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
I just started replaying Infinite because of the LP, and... the writing/cutscenes in Bioshock games may just not be superb. Like it's not abysmal and the plot is only just really getting going in this LP, but there's definitely some ham there. In particular I do not like the execution of the cutscene where you first harvest/rescue a Little Sister. It's got a weird floaty camera effect that makes it seem like your legs became a film studio tripod that can gently glide and adjust height slowly. And in general the cutscene just kinda comes off as clumsy to me.

There's certainly some stuff to appreciate, although the one that comes to mind may not be coming up for a while.

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

I think this is the important part - Tea's got a load of AP rounds, proximity mines, exploding shotgun ammo, he just doesn't seem to have noticed he can swap ammo types.

The tip about throwing corpses is a good one: I found Telekinesis to be the best combat plasmid in the game due to how incredibly versatile it is. It can also grab some non-obvious projectiles in addition to the grenades you get told about. And it can, naturally, be used to completely clown the grenade-throwing Big Daddies.

I was hoping the moment where Tea noticed he had to switch from his one Exploding Buck shot back to normal 00 Buck he would have had the light bulb go off and realize he has more tools he's not using. He's had Electric Buck for a while, which would be good for shocking a Big Daddy while saving the Eve for other stuff.

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
Just a heads up, Big Daddies may actually respawn whereas the Little Sisters are unique. IIRC you can often run across a BD stomping up to one of those hide-y holes, knocking on it, and stomping off in resignation because there's no Little Sister to pop out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
Tell Tea to check how much antipersonnel ammunition he has. Just went through the game again, and by this point I'd always be maxed out on some ammo or another. His pistol might have a bunch, and it makes the leadheads less sponge-y. Also Tea is full up on napalm, which is always good for splicers. Basically you just don't want to bother saving ammo so much. You'll get more, so there's no reason not to get crazy with exploding buck or electric gel or whatever.