Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

For your issue with the EVE hypos - you automatically use an EVE hypo when you are out of EVE. However, pretty much every time you shoot your last lightning bolt, you switch to another weapon instantly and interrupt the hypo animation. Then you keep that other weapon equipped until the next time you want to electrocute someone, at which point you switch back to plasmid and the hypo animation goes.

So if you don't want to waste time refilling your EVE at the start of combat, make sure to switch to a plasmid when you're out of EVE and not in combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Ghost Stromboli posted:

So it doesn't exactly have EXPLOSIVE written on the side but I do love watching these guys talk about how telekinesis could have combat applications while they lob a tennis racket at a lady crouching down next to an explosive canister (the red cylinder).

It's also surprising to see someone have this much trouble with cameras.

Yeah, the very first TK where they throw a tennis ball and her and are surprised it doesn't kill her is pretty funny.

And it's a video game, everything that's red explodes. It's a contractual obligation.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Shitenshi posted:

I don't know if I missed something but those alarms do seem to go off way too often. Is there some way to anticipate them or some trigger that's extremely obvious which Tea is missing? If not, I can definitely understand getting sick of that sort of nonsense, especially after getting through some tight spots and then going to a new area, only to deal with the same trouble and loud mouthed genetic druggies coming at you no holds barred.

The alarms are triggered by cameras, which have visible fields of view that you can avoid. Or you could hack them or shoot them. There are also several plasmids that interact with them, one of which I believe they currently have equipped which will mark an enemy as a target for the cameras.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Shitenshi posted:

Do you get anything out of all that hacking? I've noticed a few times that you've hacked security cameras and there's no enemies around to use them on, especially now that you can go invisible and wait it out. Is it necessary to hack the security cameras to get them off your back, or do they eventually respawn awhile after you shock them?

Shocking is a temporary solution to cameras - if you shock them then leave them alone, after a few seconds they'll turn back on.

Hacking is a permanent solution, but so is wrenching or shooting.

It really depends on how much Pipe Dream you're willing to spend time on.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

DeathChicken posted:

There's also a video I saw once where someone attempted to play Cohen's piece on an actual piano and discovered it is an insane abomination you'd need three hands and your head to pull off

Don't worry, there's a Plasmid for that!

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Huh, Ryan really does seem like a parasite. He doesn't actually bring a whole lot to Rapture besides making a place where a whole bunch of other people could create stuff without worrying about "morality" or "will this kill me and everyone I know". Like, we know that Cohen made "art", and Steinman did surgery (and "art"), and Fontaine ran "orphanages" and sold plasmids (and given the trend I'm assuming "art" somewhere), but Ryan... doesn't actually seem to have produced much.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Also, as a fairly relevant detail, there is a vita-chamber in Ryan's office but it's disabled.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

"They want us to play Bioshock Forever".

No, no, that's not right. It's Bioshock Infinite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Gnoman posted:

One thing that I don't think was pointed out in the videos is that the game's Great Moral Choice is fundamentally broken. You have the option to harvest or save the Little Sisters, but there is no reason whatsoever to harvest them. Note that Tea was more gated by the slots than he was by available ADAM, and those are progression restricted.

Also, I think you get more ADAM by saving them anyway, due to the gifts.