Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirocco
Jan 27, 2009

HEY DIARY! HA HA HA!
This brings me back. It'll be interesting to see the new features in Dwarf Fortress in this, curious to see how remote this glacier is from the other civilisations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

IPA Regulations posted:

God's dang blow-in took my job!!

IPA is undoubtedly milling into the elvish wine, making waspish remarks about the poor quality of the immigrant-produced weapons he's seeing and telling anyone who will listen how the lead cabinet he made once back home was the talk of the mountainhome (notwithstanding the several dwarves who starved to death while hauling it to his bedroom)

Can't hear you over the vibrations from my fabulous new silver earring, sorry.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
What's verbal been up to

Sawyer9000
Oct 15, 2005

Using power or being used by power... is that not a problem... of the heart?
Id like to be a dwarf, if possible.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Sawyer9000 posted:

Id like to be a dwarf, if possible.

there is a google doc in the OP friend

you can even put your preferred jobs in it!

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Woo-hoo! It's time to dorf!

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

26th of Opal

The roof nears completion. With plentiful stone and a number of mason's shops, there should be more than enough blocks with which to construct the roof over our heads. With that complete, we will no longer have to live in fear of the fog.

Underground, the search for metal goes on. While we've found great clusters of cat's eye and green zircon, ore eludes us for the moment. In the main body of the fortress, strange forces conspire to inspire. Llama retreats from the busy temple, where song and dance rumble loudly against the walls, and disappears into the newly-constructed leather-working area.

Whatever Llama manages to make will be the next overseer's business. I've had to deal with enough frustration and death for one lifetime. I have no interest in continuing to oversee this place. If I can be allowed to merely get on with my job in the mines, I'll be happy. Whichever unfortunate soul has to command this place next should have more than enough pointers to see us through to another spring.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

The next overseer is listed as "pogothemonkey". If pogothemonkey does not show up by the 21st, we'll pass to Danny Glands.

pogothemonkey0
Oct 13, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Sorry, yall can go on without me. I don't have as much free time for this as I thought but I'll be watching from the sidelines!

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

I'll need the save file.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Oh, so we're too much of a big deal to oversee without the save file, are we? :colbert:

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Danny Glands posted:

I'll need the save file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmq097gg45ejr5f/Tomehammers%20S1E3.zip?dl=0

Grunt posted it in the Discord, which I really should link to in the OP. I'll take care of that after work.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Yessss always love a good Dorf Fort

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

First update will be tonight or tomorrow.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
I'm getting a little antsy after a week of radio silence.

I'm also the next overseer on the list, so I think I will take over provided I get some content come Monday.

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Yeah, go ahead. It's been a hectic week for me.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Opted to sign up as an overseer.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
Tomehammers, Granite 552

Continuing, we are now upon the story Tomehammers under the management of So Math, spanning roughly the calendar year of 552. Recall, the former overseer GruntMountain resigned their post owing to frustration with the responsibility. And frustrating it was, running a fortress of fifty strong without a single drop of alcohol to take the edge off.

Soon after this retirement, the dwarf Llama finished construction of their heirloom boot, naming it "The Scoured Equality".

Between its bands of clear garnet and diorite, the item features images of the forgotten beasts, strange creatures rumored to thrive within the caverns. Contemporary scholars consider this artistic choice as indicative of the debates going on at the time. New leadership of the fortress had decided to move directly into the caverns, to secure a sustainable force of food. Rhetoric in favor of moving the population further downard praised the equality which would be gained by the farm workers.

Detractors focused instead on the heightened danger of life in the caverns. The item also features the image of the dwarf Libash Hallplunges, which we cannot comment on presently.

Dwarves fanned out into the caverns to forage. In the short term, they found various wild mushrooms to be fermented into wine.

The cavern was kept at near-tropical conditions, thanks to the open magma pit to the south. Many small farm plots sprung up here in the month of Granite, lit by the glowing magma to the south. Records show that it was So Math themself who designed the new farmers' quarters in the nearby cavern wall. The fallout of this decision would be seen soon enough.

The plan required a reduction in stoneworking elsewhere in the fortress. Rather than finish the construction of the outer pavilion roof at the fortress entrance, a smaller roof was installed over the fortress entrance ramp, level to the earth. The main shaft was left open at this time, covered partially by the earlier construction. In time, the dwarves would all be living in the caverns, leaving the roof as a formality anyway. At least, this was the idea as it was pitched to the stonemasons.

The month of Slate would soon bring a dust cloud from the north.

Fortunately, there were no casualties, this time. However, increased cavern activity lead to the discovery of a corpse in the underground sea. It was noted with grim humor when the corpse was identified as necrotic.

In the second week of the new year, another Elven caravan made the terrible journey to Tomehammers. Personal correspondence of the broker, Gnoman describes the negotiations as "testy," owing to "cultural differences". They do not elaborate on the dynamics at play.

A later journal entry praises the elves' generosity towards the budding fortress.

Slate 552

On the 9th of Slate, a group of wandering dwarves joined the fortress of Tomehammers. We will visit their stories in more detail later, in the appendix to this chapter.

Instead, let us call attention to the growing power of the farming industry. Seeing that the future of the fortress rested on their efforts, the growers of the fortress formed a trade guild, and so demanded formal recognition from So Math. The name of the principal organizer is lost to history, but we know that on the 22nd of Slate 552, the "Cloud of Berries" guildhall was commissioned for the continued education and organization of Tomehammers farmers.

As it happened, the foundation of the farmer's guild coincided with the hospitalization of the miner Space General. The latter was held in the cavern-level hospital, and made to rest until they were able to work a pick again. Though it is widely accepted that mining is the principal industry which nurtures fortress expansion, we wish to emphasize that at this time, it was the farmers who were driving the development of Tomehammers.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Man, talk about nominative determinism 💀

Radio
Jul 25, 2003

Oh no, trash bear!
Numbing fog is intriguing.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
From the diary of Tinasth Ginbeard

are you making GBS threads me bru.

A rift has formed between the dwarves who would consider the miners our foundation and they who would consider the farmers our foundation. They are all mistaken. Would you thrive if you had nothing but the din of picks in your ear - or if you ate just tubers and pig tails? I loving thought so. This kind of smoothskulled problem probably derives from having dealings with elves. Lava the lot of them!

FISH is the cornerstone of our industry, and would the overseers just permit me to train more fisherdwarves the caverns would give us enough to eat, not just for our dwarves and young, but also any visitors.

Tias fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Sep 8, 2020

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Any clue what killed off Necrotic?

Tias
May 25, 2008

a decent if unqualified guess could be drowning, he's got 7 deep water all around him, and if he's a weak swimmer or injured by the fall that's the end of it.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
well at least he probably died literally farting through silk

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
Out of character: I found necrotic near some dead amphibian men. Probably had a fight in a previous year.
I'm posting these profiles as text so people can search for their names. Let me know if this is too wordy.

Tomehammers Log of Immigration, Slate 552

`Albert Krabs' Mengshigos," `Albert Krabs' Lashpacks", Vicious Beast 'Handler'

"Trade is the life-blood of a thriving society."

She is a faithful worshipper of Doren Mineddiamond.

She is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. She is a member of The Faith of Crystal. She is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. She arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

She is sixty-seven years old, born on the 3rd of Slate in the year 485.

She is tall and very fat. Her nose bridge is incredibly concave. Her ears are very flattened. Her very short hair is neatly combed. Her hair is amber. Her skin is burnt umber. Her eyes are aquamarine.

She is quick to tire and very slow to heal.

`Albert Krabs' Mengshigos likes andesite, zinc, crystal opal, hungry head bone, ramie fabric, giant tapir parchment, gauntlets, windows, toy hammers, red panda men for their large striped tails and the words of The East Trades. When possible, she prefers to consume salmon, pomegranate wine and purple amaranth flour. She absolutely detests large roaches.

She has very good focus, an ability to read emotions fairly well, a good memory and a feel for music, but she has a meager kinesthetic sense, very bad intuition and very little linguistic ability.

Like others in her culture, she holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, greatly respects artists and their works, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. She personally finds blind honesty foolish and doesn't care if others take the time to master skills. She dreams of raising a family.

She can be very happy and optimistic. She does not enjoy participating in physical confrontations, and she works to square this natural tendency with her respect of martial prowess. She is an optimist. She is rarely jealous. She can handle stress. She tends to avoid crowds. She does not easily fall in love and rarely develops positive sentiments. She is grateful when others help her out and tries to return favors. She generally acts with a narrow focus on the current activity. She isn't particularly ambitious. She tends to stretch out when she's bored. She clicks her tongue repeatedly when she's annoyed. She needs alcohol to get through the working day.

`Average Lettuce' Avuzostar," `Average Lettuce' Mineburies", Carpenter

"It's great when we all get a chance to be merry together."

He is a worshipper of Kovest.

He is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. He is a member of The Golden Communion. He is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. He arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

He is eighty-seven years old, born on the 22nd of Galena in the year 465.

He is tall. His sideburns are clean-shaven. His very long moustache is neatly combed. His very long beard is neatly combed. His medium-length hair is neatly combed. His burnt umber skin is wrinkled. His ears are somewhat broad. His hair is cinnamon with flecks of gray. His eyes are aquamarine.

He is quick to heal, but he is quick to tire and clumsy.

`Average Lettuce' Avuzostar likes gypsum, steel, melanite, hemp fabric, jute paper, the color slate gray, shields, figurines, donkeys for their stubborness, maize plants for their popped kernels and the sight of The Vermilion Berries-Sheen. When possible, he prefers to consume giant capybara and tomato wine. He absolutely detests bats.

He has a great feel for social relationships, a very good sense of the position of his own body and an ability to read emotions fairly well, but he has meager creativity, little patience, a really bad memory and a lousy intellect.

Like others in his culture, he holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce and values knowledge. He personally doesn't care about nature one way or another. He dreams of creating a great work of art, and this dream was realized.

He revels in chaos and discord, and he encourages it whenever possible. He does not generally respond to emotional appeals. He takes no pleasure in his talents and appearance. He dislikes receiving advice, preferring to keep his own counsel. He doesn't mind wearing something special now and again. He has a sense of duty. He tries to do things correctly each time. He doesn't handle stress well. He has a greedy streak. He does not easily fall in love and rarely develops positive sentiments. When he's thinking hard, he has a habit of licking his lips. He needs alcohol to get through the working day. He does not mind being outdoors, at least for a time.

`HiHo ChiRho' Shemkikrost," `HiHo ChiRho' Plankstockade", Miner

She is an ardent worshipper of Deler Umberearthen the Amethyst Silver.

She is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. She is a member of The Creed of Diamond. She is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. She arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

She is fifty-three years old, born on the 15th of Sandstone in the year 499.

She is tall and fat. Her lips are thick. Her ears are somewhat broad. Her hair is dark brown. Her long hair is neatly combed. Her skin is burnt umber. Her eyes are aquamarine.

She is slow to heal.

`HiHo ChiRho' Shemkikrost likes orthoclase, lead, amber opal, durian wood wood, water buffalo hoof, shields, coins, beaver men for their dams and the words of The East Trades. When possible, she prefers to consume reacher, kangaroo cheese, gutter cruor, cave wheat seeds and garden cress leaves. She absolutely detests rats.

She has a great deal of patience, a good kinesthetic sense, willpower and the ability to focus, but she has a questionable spatial sense, bad intuition, an iffy memory and very bad analytical abilities.

Like others in her culture, she holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. She personally doesn't feel strongly about the law and doesn't care about art one way or another. She dreams of raising a family.

She is not readily moved by art or natural beauty. She is prone to strong feelings of lust. She is quick to anger. She has a tendency toward forming deep emotional bonds with others. She can easily fall in love or develop positive sentiments. She tends not to be swayed by emotional appeals. She likes to brawl. She doesn't try to get things done perfectly. She is somewhat uncomfortable around those that appear unusual or live differently from herself. She is pleased by her own appearance and talents. She is somewhat fearful in the face of imminent danger. She tends to make a small mess with her own possessions. She needs alcohol to get through the working day.

`Air is lava!' Rigothtekkud," `Air is lava!' Craftspicks", Hunter
"It's best to slow down and just relax."

She is a worshipper of Doren Mineddiamond.

She is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. She is a member of The Faith of Crystal. She is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. She arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

She is eighty-one years old, born on the 4th of Felsite in the year 471.

She is tall. Her hair is somewhat greasy. Her short hair is neatly combed. Her nose is extremely narrow. Her somewhat broad ears are flattened. Her eyebrows are quite sparse. Her burnt umber skin is slightly wrinkled. Her hair is charcoal with a touch of gray. Her eyes are aquamarine.

She is agile.

`Air is lava!' Rigothtekkud likes orpiment, bismuth bronze, bandfire opal, giant white stork tooth, cages, large gems, giant red squirrels for their tails, the words of The Plan of Mirth and the sound of The Mirthful Lark. When possible, she prefers to consume giant octopus, salmon, parsnip wine and pearl millet flour. She absolutely detests slugs.

She has a way with words, but she has a shortage of patience.

Like others in her culture, she has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. She personally respects perseverance, finds artwork boring, values cunning and considers craftsdwarfship to be relatively worthless. She dreams of mastering a skill.

She forms only fleeting and rare emotional bonds with others. She lives at a slow-going and leisurely pace. She tends to be a little tight with resources when working on projects. She often feels envious of others. She doesn't mind a little tumult and discord in day-to-day living. She tries to do things correctly each time. She is easily distracted during conversations when she's bored. She talks very loudly whenever she is annoyed. She needs alcohol to get through the working day. She does not mind being outdoors, at least for a time.

`System Metternich' Ingizvutok," `System Metternich' Ceilingfigure", Woodcrafter

"Why must they be so violent?"

He is a worshipper of Kovest.

He is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. He is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. He arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

He is seventy-four years old, born on the 4th of Opal in the year 478.

He is tall and fat. His very long sideburns are braided. His very long moustache is arranged in double braids. His very long beard is arranged in double braids. His very short hair is neatly combed. His hair is burnt sienna. His skin is burnt umber. His eyes are aquamarine.

He is almost never sick, but he is very slow to heal and very quick to tire.

`System Metternich' Ingizvutok likes cobaltite, trifle pewter, tube agate, giant deer antler, opossum bone, the color blue, shields, beds, giant polar bears for their strength, the sound of The Mirthful Lark and the sight of The Vermilion Berries-Sheen. When possible, he prefers to consume giant two-humped camel, spotted ratfish, persimmon wine and reindeer's milk. He absolutely detests fire snakes.

He has a great deal of patience, a sharp intellect and a good spatial sense, but he has an iffy sense for music, a meager kinesthetic sense, little linguistic ability and really poor focus.

Like others in his culture, he holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. He personally sees introspection as important. He dreams of creating a great work of art.

He does not generally respond to emotional appeals. He actively avoids exciting or stressful situations. He is slow to anger. He does not often feel lustful. He has a tendency toward forming deep emotional bonds with others. He rarely feels discouraged. He doesn't handle stress well. He is often cheerful. He tends to avoid any physical confrontations, and he works to square this natural tendency with his respect of martial prowess. He likes to keep things practical, without delving too deeply into the abstract. He needs alcohol to get through the working day.

`Count Brexit' Udilikthag," `Count Brexit' Lanternsqueezed", Gelder

"One should always respect the law."

She is a worshipper of Doren Mineddiamond.

She is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. She is a member of The Earthen Fellowship. She is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. She arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

She is seventy-one years old, born on the 23rd of Sandstone in the year 481.

She is tall but has quite ill-defined muscles. Her very long hair is braided. Her eyebrows are high. Her lips are slightly thick. Her hair is dark chestnut. Her skin is burnt umber. Her eyes are aquamarine.

She is indefatigable and almost never sick, but she is very weak.

`Count Brexit' Udilikthag likes quartzite, black bronze, cinnamon grossular, green glass, giant grouper bone, gems, bracelets, donkeys for their stubborness, the words of The Clean Troughs and the sound of The Mirthful Lark. When possible, she prefers to consume brook lamprey, hake and barley wine. She absolutely detests worms.

She has a great kinesthetic sense and a good feel for social relationships, but she has bad intuition, an iffy memory, little patience, poor creativity, very bad analytical abilities and really poor focus.

Like others in her culture, she holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. She personally doesn't think one way or the other about leisure time. She dreams of creating a great work of art.

She is given to rough-and-tumble brawling, even to the point of starting fights for no reason. She has a strong sense of duty. She is very trusting. She can be very single-minded. She does not often feel lustful. She doesn't often feel envious of others. She thinks she is fairly important in the grand scheme of things. She tends to be swayed by the emotions of others. She does not easily hate or develop negative feelings. She has a tendency toward forming deep emotional bonds with others. She likes a little excitement now and then. She does not go out of her way to help others. She often feels discouraged. She occasionally overindulges. She mutters under her breath when she's annoyed. She often lowers her eyes when she's thinking. She needs alcohol to get through the working day.

`Fumbles' Thikutonshen," `Fumbles' Bookchants", Willing Recruit

"The best way to get what you want out of life is to work for it."

He is the son of Rovod Craftsroughness and Zulban Orbfreckles. He is an ardent worshipper of Bem the Chartreuse.

He is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. He is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. He is a former member of The Coven of Meadows. He arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

He is thirty-nine years old, born on the 3rd of Opal in the year 513.

His hair is extremely sparse. His very long sideburns are braided. His very long moustache is arranged in double braids. His very long beard is arranged in double braids. His long hair is tied in a pony tail. His eyebrows are short. His head is somewhat narrow. His somewhat narrow aquamarine eyes are slightly wide-set. His nose bridge is somewhat concave. His hair is ecru. His skin is burnt umber.

He is very rarely sick and very strong, but he is very flimsy.

`Fumbles' Thikutonshen likes granite, lead, moss opal, crossbows, goblets, nightmares for their unfathomably horrifying nature, the words of The Clean Troughs, the sound of The Lacy Butterfly and the sight of The Adoration of Saturninity. When possible, he prefers to consume crab, fonio beer and strawberries. He absolutely detests toads.

He has a deep well of patience, a great kinesthetic sense and a great sense of empathy, but he has poor focus, poor analytical abilities, a poor ability to manage or understand social relationships, poor creativity and an atrocious spatial sense.

Like others in his culture, he holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, believes that honesty is a high ideal, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. He personally is completely put off by the idea of friends, finds artwork boring, sees merrymaking as a waste and finds the pursuit of skill mastery off-putting. He dreams of crafting a masterwork someday.

He is not careful with resources when working on projects and often spends unnecessary effort. He is very trusting. He takes offered help and gifts without feeling particularly grateful. He has little interest in joking around. He is brave in the face of imminent danger. He is quick to form negative views about things. He doesn't mind wearing something special now and again. He has an active imagination. He tends not to reveal personal information. He needs alcohol to get through the working day.

`FrozenFlame' Daturasob," `FrozenFlame' Spireboard", Peasant

"Everything just so in its proper place!"

He has two children: Sazir Inkjudged and Nil Doordrill. He is the son of Deduk Wheelsswallowed and Degel Staffdrums. He is romantically involved with Nish Paperhelpful.

He is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. He is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. He arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

He is one hundred fifty-one years old, born on the 19th of Opal in the year 401.

His very long sideburns are neatly combed. His medium-length moustache is neatly combed. His very long beard is braided. His very long hair is tied in a pony tail. His nose is sharply hooked. His aquamarine eyes are bulging. His eyelashes are quite long. His head is somewhat narrow. His hair is white. His skin is burnt umber.

He is very agile, tough and quick to heal, but he is unquestionably weak.

`FrozenFlame' Daturasob likes alunite, black bronze, jelly opal, peach wood wood, aardvark leather, goat tooth, jute paper, gems, war hammers, high boots, armor stands, amulets, sheep for their tendency to flock and the sound of The Lacy Butterfly. When possible, he prefers to consume tuber beer and kenaf seed oil. He absolutely detests cave spiders.

He has a great feel for the surrounding space and a good kinesthetic sense, but he has a large deficit of willpower, little natural inclination toward music and little patience.

Like others in his culture, he has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. He personally views competition as a crucial driving force in the world, disregards tradition, finds leisure time wasteful and doesn't particularly care about craftsdwarfship. He dreams of creating a great work of art.

He is frequently depressed. He forms strong emotional bonds with others, at times to his detriment. He is very rarely moved by curiosity. He only rarely tries to assert himself in conversation. He has a strong sense of duty. He tends to be a little wasteful when working on projects. He tries to keep his things orderly. He doesn't often feel envious of others. He is quick to form negative views about things. He is rarely happy or enthusiastic, and he is conflicted by this as he values parties and merrymaking in the abstract. He is often nervous. He is quite comfortable with others that have a different appearance or culture. He often feels lustful. He tends not to reveal personal information. He has a greedy streak. He is trusting. He occasionally overindulges. He prefers that everyone live as harmoniously as possible. He chews his lips when he's nervous. When he's bored, He constantly rolls his eyes. His hands become animated when he gets angry. He needs alcohol to get through the working day.

`Jen' Tulonlek," `Jen' Roadbristle", Beekeeper

"I got into an argument with `Eeepies' Lashrack. I feel resentful."

She is a faithful worshipper of Bem the Chartreuse.

She is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. She is a member of The Order of Rocks. She is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. She arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

She is seventy-one years old, born on the 23rd of Moonstone in the year 481.

She is tall, muscular and fat. Her hair is straight. Her very long hair is braided. Her teeth are tangled. Her eyebrows are somewhat high. Her hair is copper. Her skin is burnt umber. Her eyes are aquamarine.

She is tough, strong, agile and slow to tire, but she is slow to heal.

`Jen' Tulonlek likes microcline, steel, cherry opal, amber, the color jade, battle axes, flasks, chickens for their clucking, voracious cave crawlers for their scary mouths and cranberry vines for their fruit. When possible, she prefers to consume kiwi, white millet beer and flax flour. She absolutely detests purring maggots.

She has great analytical abilities, very good intuition, a good memory, an ability to read emotions fairly well and a way with words, but she has little willpower, a shortage of patience, meager creativity and a poor kinesthetic sense.

Like others in her culture, she holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. She personally feels that those who attempt to conceal their emotions are vain and foolish, finds those that deny their impulses somewhat stiff, has a negative view of those who exercise power over others and doesn't particularly respect commerce. She dreams of raising a family.

She finds obligations confining, though she is conflicted by this for more than one reason. She is often cheerful. She doesn't cling tightly to ideas and is open to changing her mind. She does not have a great aesthetic sensitivity, and she is conflicted by this as she values artwork and its creation. She often acts with compassion. She tends to be swayed by the emotions of others. She is slow to trust others. She has a greedy streak. She tends to avoid any physical confrontations, and she works to square this natural tendency with her respect of martial prowess. She is not particularly interested in what others think of her. She rarely feels discouraged. She blows her breath out when she's annoyed. She rolls her eyes when she's exasperated. She needs alcohol to get through the working day.

`tak' Nokimablel," `tak' Ochrebust", Cook

"It's not perfect, but it's good enough. Why fret about it?"

She is a casual worshipper of The Medicine of Searching.

She is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. She is a member of The Fenced Communion. She is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. She is a member of The Fuchsia Hall. She arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

She is fifty-six years old, born on the 11th of Limestone in the year 496.

She is tall and muscular. Her hair is straight. Her medium-length hair is neatly combed. Her eyebrows are extremely sparse. Her ears are somewhat broad. Her hair is tan. Her skin is burnt umber. Her eyes are aquamarine.

She is strong.

`tak' Nokimablel likes ash glaze, zinc, tsavorite, wild boar leather, horse hoof, giant lion tooth, the color mauve taupe, guineafowls for their social nature and the sound of The Mirthful Lark. When possible, she prefers to consume passion fruit wine. She absolutely detests purring maggots.

She has an amazing memory, very good focus and a good intellect, but she has a little difficulty with words, little willpower and a poor ability to manage or understand social relationships.

Like others in her culture, she has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. She personally thinks working hard is an abject idiocy, believes it is important to conceal emotions and refrain from complaining and values good craftsdwarfship. She dreams of raising a family.

She cannot tolerate differences in culture, lifestyle or appearance. She presupposes success in any venture requiring her skills with what could be called blind overconfidence. She is somewhat scatterbrained. She occasionally overindulges. She doesn't try to get things done perfectly. She isn't particularly ambitious. She often feels lustful. She is often cheerful. She needs alcohol to get through the working day.

`Farseli' Rakustikal," `Farseli' Tombsheal", Tanner

"I prefer to be by myself."

He is married to `Valiantdwarf' Humiddyes. He is an ardent worshipper of Alron.

He is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. He is a member of The Bronze Doctrines. He is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. He arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

He is eighty-three years old, born on the 12th of Moonstone in the year 469.

His sideburns are clean-shaven. His long moustache is arranged in double braids. His long beard is neatly combed. His extremely long hair is tied in a pony tail. He is tall. His aquamarine eyes are slit. His ears are flattened. His burnt umber skin is slightly wrinkled. His hair is charcoal with a touch of gray.

`Farseli' Rakustikal likes rhyolite, tin, smoky quartz, moose hoof, pond turtle shell, jute fabric, the color auburn, war hammers, bucklers, rings, splints, the words of The Plan of Mirth and the sight of The Vermilion Berries-Sheen. When possible, he prefers to consume teff beer. He absolutely detests worms.

He has a great memory, very good intuition and a good kinesthetic sense, but he has a questionable spatial sense, poor focus, little linguistic ability and poor creativity.

Like others in his culture, he holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce and values knowledge. He personally finds art offensive and would have it destroyed whenever possible, is put off by family and values nature. He dreams of mastering a skill.

He finds something humorous in everything, no matter how serious or inappropriate. He is generally unhindered by the thoughts of others concerning his actions. He is not a private person and freely shares details of his life. He takes offered help and gifts without feeling particularly grateful. He is pleased by his own appearance and talents. He tends to avoid crowds. He doesn't often experience strong cravings or urges. He tends to avoid any physical confrontations, and he works to square this natural tendency with his respect of martial prowess. He often feels lustful. He doesn't cling tightly to ideas and is open to changing his mind. He tends to assume the worst of two outcomes will be the one that comes to pass. He could be considered rude. He interrupts others during conversations when he is angry. He lowers his eyes when he's angry. He talks very rapidly after he's been surprised. When he's thinking, his body becomes very still. He needs alcohol to get through the working day. He does not mind being outdoors, at least for a time.

`Akkristor' Idokkikrost," `Akkristor' Pointedstockade", Sacrifice

She is the daughter of Rovod Inkhammer and Mafol Inchseals. She is an ardent worshipper of Doren Mineddiamond.

She is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. She is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. She is a former member of The Emerald Lantern. She is a former member of The Faith of Crystal. She is a former member of The Amethyst Sect. She is a former member of The Silver of Sensing. She arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

She is one hundred twenty-two years old, born on the 7th of Obsidian in the year 430.

Her aquamarine eyes are very wide-set. Her burnt umber skin is wrinkled. Her short hair is neatly combed. Her hair is gray with flecks of auburn.

She is very quick to tire.

`Akkristor' Idokkikrost likes talc, aluminum, onyx, sheep wool, giant earthworm parchment, the color chocolate, cabochons, war hammers, robes, scepters, turkeys for their gobble, giant coatis for their curiosity and the words of The Plan of Mirth. When possible, she prefers to consume giant spider monkey, fonio beer, water buffalo's milk, foxtail millet flour and dates. She absolutely detests leeches.

She has great intuition, great creativity and great analytical abilities, but she has a poor kinesthetic sense and a very bad sense of empathy.

Like others in her culture, she holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values leisure time, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. She personally finds sacrifice to be the height of folly, deeply respects skill at arms, sees working hard as a foolish waste of time and doesn't particularly value loyalty. She dreams of crafting a masterwork someday.

She is often nervous. She has little interest in joking around. She has a tendency toward forming deep emotional bonds with others. She is somewhat uncomfortable around those that appear unusual or live differently from herself. She tends to hang on to grievances. She could be considered rude. She can occasionally lose focus on the matter at hand. She can handle stress. She slouches when she's bored. She needs alcohol to get through the working day.

`Nuramor' Onshenavuz," `Nuramor' Chantedmine", Diagnoser

"A great piece of art is one that moves me."

She is a worshipper of Bem the Chartreuse.

She is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. She is a member of The Beige Cult. She is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. She arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

She is seventy-nine years old, born on the 8th of Slate in the year 473.

She is tall. Her eyebrows are somewhat high. Her ears are free-lobed. Her hair is chestnut. Her long hair is neatly combed. Her burnt umber skin is slightly wrinkled. Her eyes are aquamarine.

She is almost never sick, but she is quick to tire.

`Nuramor' Onshenavuz likes chert, aluminum, fortification agate, giant dingo leather, drunian tooth, quivers, bat rays for their shape, the words of The Plan of Mirth and the sight of The Adoration of Saturninity. When possible, she prefers to consume flying squirrel and tomatillo wine. She absolutely detests hamsters.

She has a meager ability with social relationships and very little patience.

Like others in her culture, she holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. She personally finds friendship burdensome. She dreams of crafting a masterwork someday.

She is private to the point of paranoia, unwilling to reveal even basic information about herself. She can easily fall in love or develop positive sentiments. She often feels lustful. She isn't particularly curious about the world. She is not particularly interested in what others think of her. She is moved by art and natural beauty, and she is troubled by this since she dislikes the natural world. She is grateful when others help her out and tries to return favors. She enjoys the company of others. She is rarely happy or enthusiastic, and she is conflicted by this as she values parties and merrymaking in the abstract. She doesn't mind wearing something special now and again. She tends to stare unwaveringly when she's speaking to somebody. She needs alcohol to get through the working day. She does not mind being outdoors, at least for a time. She is getting used to tragedy.

`Valiantdwarf' Kalrethatir," `Valiantdwarf' Humiddyes", Willing Recruit

"I've been well."

She is married to `Farseli' Tombsheal. She is an ardent worshipper of Bem the Chartreuse.

She is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. She is a member of The Fellowship of Luxury. She is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. She arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

She is eighty-four years old, born on the 4th of Hematite in the year 468.

She is tall. Her very long hair is tied in a pony tail. Her quite sparse eyebrows are incredibly high. Her teeth are crowded. Her lips are thick. Her burnt umber skin is slightly wrinkled. Her aquamarine eyes are slightly protruding. Her ears are free-lobed. Her hair is dark brown with a touch of gray.

She is very flimsy.

`Valiantdwarf' Kalrethatir likes mudstone, zinc, tanzanite, the color slate gray, leggings, bracelets, catapult parts, chickens for their scratching, sand pear trees for their fruit and the sound of The Silk of Phrasing. When possible, she prefers to consume blackberry wine and tapir's milk. She absolutely detests mussels.

She has an iron will, a very good sense of the position of her own body, good creativity and the ability to focus, but she has little patience.

Like others in her culture, she holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. She personally holds the maintenance of tradition as one of the highest ideals, values decorum, dignity and proper behavior, doesn't particularly value loyalty and doesn't think one way or the other about leisure time. She dreams of creating a great work of art.

She is driven by a bouncing frenetic energy. She doesn't stick with things if even minor difficulties arise. She is greatly moved by art and natural beauty, and she is troubled by this since she dislikes the natural world. She is swayed by emotional appeals. She is somewhat scatterbrained. She doesn't generally think before acting. She can easily fall in love or develop positive sentiments. She has a tendency to consider ideas and abstractions over practical applications. She finds helping others emotionally rewarding. She has an active imagination. She tends to form only tenuous emotional bonds with others. She often feels lustful. She takes offered help and gifts without feeling particularly grateful. She is rarely happy or enthusiastic, and she is conflicted by this as she values parties and merrymaking in the abstract. She doesn't cling tightly to ideas and is open to changing her mind. She tries to keep her things orderly. She prefers that everyone live as harmoniously as possible. She can handle stress. She needs alcohol to get through the working day.

`ThaumPenguin' Gisekolon," `ThaumPenguin' Cobragear", Thresher

"People are basically trustworthy."

She is a faithful worshipper of Alron.

She is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. She is a member of The Bronze Doctrines. She is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. She arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

She is seventy-five years old, born on the 27th of Limestone in the year 477.

She is tall and muscular. Her nose is extremely narrow. Her teeth are crowded. Her straight hair is extremely dense. Her medium-length hair is neatly combed. Her lips are slightly thick. Her eyebrows are somewhat high. Her hair is brown. Her skin is burnt umber. Her eyes are aquamarine.

She is strong and rarely sick.

`ThaumPenguin' Gisekolon likes native platinum, copper, tigereye, custard-apple wood wood, common snapping turtle shell, ramie fabric, anvils, yaks for their shaggy hair, monitor lizards for their intelligence and the sight of The Vermilion Berries-Sheen. When possible, she prefers to consume bluefin tuna, perch, raspberry wine and tapir's milk. She absolutely detests rats.

She has a deep well of patience, very good focus, a great feel for the surrounding space and a good intellect, but she has meager creativity, a poor memory and a poor kinesthetic sense.

Like others in her culture, she holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. She personally sees guile and cunning as indirect and somewhat worthless. She dreams of raising a family.

She only rarely tries to assert herself in conversation. She tends to assume the worst of two outcomes will be the one that comes to pass. She tends to avoid any physical confrontations, and she works to square this natural tendency with her respect of martial prowess. She is brave in the face of imminent danger. She is very humble. She is somewhat uncomfortable around those that appear unusual or live differently from herself. She is trusting. She tends to be a bit stubborn in changing her mind about things. She is not particularly interested in what others think of her. She tends to avoid crowds. She snaps her fingers repeatedly when she's excited. She needs alcohol to get through the working day.

`Eeepies' Mengled," `Eeepies' Lashrack", Crafter

"I got into an argument with `Jen' Roadbristle. That was satisfying."

She is the daughter of Etur Bridgedcommon and Thob Drilltour. She is an ardent worshipper of Bem the Chartreuse.

She is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. She is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. She is a former member of The Beige Cult. She arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

She is seventy-nine years old, born on the 12th of Limestone in the year 473.

Her nose bridge is concave. Her nose is upturned. Her very long hair is neatly combed. Her burnt umber skin is slightly wrinkled. Her hair is dark chestnut. Her eyes are aquamarine.

She is very slow to heal.

`Eeepies' Mengled likes siltstone, zinc, black diamond, green glass, suns, war hammers, bracelets, puzzleboxes, dogs for their loyalty, sea lampreys for their suckers, the words of The Plan of Mirth, the sound of The Fortuitous Desserts and the sight of The Adoration of Saturninity. When possible, she prefers to consume pomegranate wine and dwarven sugar. She absolutely detests mosquitos.

She has a great kinesthetic sense, but she has an iffy sense for music, a shortage of patience, poor spatial senses and quite poor focus.

Like others in her culture, she has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. She personally holds shrewd and crafty individuals in the lowest esteem, considers craftsdwarfship to be relatively worthless and doesn't really value merrymaking. She dreams of creating a great work of art.

She sees others as selfish and conniving. She likes to present herself boldly, even if it would offend an average sense of modesty. She is very comfortable around others that are different from herself. She is very stubborn. She is inattentive to detail in her own work. She is greatly moved by art and natural beauty, and she is troubled by this since she dislikes the natural world. She sometimes acts with little determination and confidence. She is pleased by her own appearance and talents. She tries to keep her things orderly. She is somewhat quarrelsome, and she is bothered by this since she values friendship. She is not particularly interested in what others think of her. She licks her lips when she's nervous. She needs alcohol to get through the working day.

`So Math' Sarekmosus," `So Math' Echoedroom", Butcher

"Always deal fairly."

She is a worshipper of The Medicine of Searching.

She is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. She is a member of The Cult of Warding. She is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. She arrived at Melbilnil on the 9th of Slate in the year 552.

She is sixty-four years old, born on the 6th of Sandstone in the year 488.

She is tall. Her teeth are tangled. She has a jutting chin. Her ears are flattened. Her very short hair is neatly combed. Her eyebrows are somewhat high. Her nose bridge is slightly convex. Her aquamarine eyes are slightly wide-set. Her hair is charcoal. Her skin is burnt umber.

She is rarely sick, but she is flimsy.

`So Math' Sarekmosus likes mica, pig iron, rock crystal, alpaca wool, the color amber, gems, crossbows, sheep for their wool and rhesus macaque men for their mischief. When possible, she prefers to consume prickle berries and quinoa beer. She absolutely detests large roaches.

She has a great musical sense, very good creativity, willpower and the ability to focus, but she has little patience.

Like others in her culture, she holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce and finds nature somewhat disturbing. She personally doesn't respect a society that has settled into harmony without debate and strife and doesn't see the attainment of knowledge as important. She dreams of raising a family.

She has a strong tendency toward privacy. She is confident under pressure. She is prone to strong feelings of lust. She is stubborn. She sometimes acts with little determination and confidence. She is often nervous. She is a friendly individual, and she is conflicted by her nature since she would ideally prefer more strife in her life. She doesn't often feel envious of others. She can easily fall in love or develop positive sentiments. She likes a little excitement now and then. She does not have a great aesthetic sensitivity, and she is conflicted by this as she values artwork and its creation. She tends to ask others for help with difficult decisions. She thinks she is fairly important in the grand scheme of things. She is not particularly interested in what others think of her. She needs alcohol to get through the working day. She does not mind being outdoors, at least for a time.

Editors note: Tomehammers kept shockingly detailed records of immigration, including the results what must have been very probing interviews. It is likely this stems from the fortress' origins as a penal colony.

So Math fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 6, 2020

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

So Math posted:

[System Metternich] is tall and fat.

welp :v:

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
Felsite-Hematite 552
Ascension of Mayor Nuramor

At this point, Space General had been left to languish in the cavern hospital for over a month, all due to a clerical error. The poor miner had been ordered not to leave his bed until his mangled hand was mended. However, the hospital was not stocked to treat him. From the hospital records:

quote:

He feels restless after being able to rest and recuperate. He feels satisfied after receiving food. He doesn't feel anything after being kept from alcohol for too long. He is bored after being unable to fight for too long.

And so on.

We focus our attention now on Farseli. Though they had only arrived in Tomehammers the previous month, Farseli had been gripped by a fey mood to create an artifact.

Among other things, Farseli demanded a single piece of cloth for their construction. However, Tomehammers was not the mountainhomes. As previously discussed, there was nary a single scrap of cloth in the fortress.

This put the overseer in a conundrum. Rope reed was already planted, but would the meager threads produced see Space General healed? Or would they become part of Farseli's legacy in Tomehammers?

So Math could only wait for the human caravan, and hope that Farseli would steel themself in the leatherworks for the time being.

Also at this time, it became known that the dwarf Osroct divulged the secrets of Aceached the silver earing to a human outsider. Where many saw failure in the fortress leadership, Nuramor saw opportunity.

The mining team, less Space General, had turned their attention towards fortress defense. The plan was to force any breaching invaders to cross a narrow walkway in sight of the fortress crossbowdwarves. Additional security gates were added in the cavern levels.

The first of these hypothetical invaders was a mere falcon.

There were no crossbowdwarves residing in Tomehammers in Felstite 552.

The human caravan finally arrived in the month of Hematite. The fortress leapt to procure sutures and cloth as quickly as possible. With the majority of workers scrambling to shuttle goods to the depot, Nuramor called for a mayoral election.

They were the only dwarf on the ballot.

Farseli, having brooded in their leatherworks for a month, emerged with a shield, "The Living Beards". The same day, another band of migrants arrived.

Per the Tomehammers Vault:
Thunendurad, "The Living Beards", a reindeer leather buckler

This is a reindeer leather buckler. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with oval basalt cabochons, decorated with goat leather and encircled with bands of clay. This object menaces with spikes of reindeer leather, water buffalo leather and rope reed. On the item is an image of a black-cap in rose quartz.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
An excerpt from the journal of Osroct

... And as for gripe #23 of this rotten fortress, let's talk about that drat earring. By Zalstom Absam, you tell an outsider or two about that lousy earring and people look at you like you fed your baby water! It's a mediocre artifact and to be blunt, if it gets stolen you could make a case that I'd done the fortress a favor, but you don't see any taverns getting named in MY honor, now do you? You see, this is the problem with a fortress run by convicts. So few of them care about proper dwarven welfare programs, like the late queen's Smiting Initiative, which sought to teach all members of a given fortress basic weapon and armor forging skills, so that when the fey spirits came a-calling on you to waste precious communal resources, you at least got some fancy war-kit out of it. I don't know, maybe a fancy gewgaw or two will start to attract the better sort of dwarf, in time. A good duke to polish these rough dwarves into diamonds is just the thing this fortress needs.

Moving on to gripe #24, the lack of giant war animals to bolster the military...

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

So Math posted:

Also at this time, it became known that the dwarf Osroct divulged the secrets of Aceached the silver earing to a human outsider.

Jealousy is unattractive, Osroct. Your human crush or whatever can have my earring when the endless magma voids full of demons freeze over.

'mediocre'? you wouldn't know craftsdorfship if it spat in your beard

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I look forward to when all the, eventual, marksmen line up at the path and then manage to fall off the narrow sides themselves. :v:

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

quote:

There were no crossbowdwarves residing in Tomehammers in Felstite 552.
Please reassign my dwarf to Crossbowdwarf.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
I haven't seen my dorf come up at all yet, but I'm checked off on the list. Did they make it okay?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

PurpleXVI posted:

I look forward to when all the, eventual, marksmen line up at the path and then manage to fall off the narrow sides themselves. :v:
Because they've been assigned crossbows and not bolts, so they start running it on the walkways to do what any dorf with a ranged weapon but no ammunition would do; world their new improvised club.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
Oh good! I've arrived! Now to not die right away. A tanner should be safe right? Do we need a tanner? oh no....

So Math posted:

Farseli, having brooded in their leatherworks for a month, emerged with a shield, "The Living Beards".
Yes! Clearly I'm important because I did this! And I'll tan the hide of anyone that doesn't agree.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

Black Robe posted:

Jealousy is unattractive, Osroct. Your human crush or whatever can have my earring when the endless magma voids full of demons freeze over.

'mediocre'? you wouldn't know craftsdorfship if it spat in your beard

Come talk to me when you've killed something with that trinket, craftsdwarf. Maybe if you prance around wearing it in front of our enemies, a few might die laughing!

But I do agree with you, we should dig a big ol' pit to hell and let the demons enjoy some of our fine tundra weather. A bit of sport could help keep these dwarves vigilant!

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Kristopher posted:

Come talk to me when you've killed something with that trinket, craftsdwarf. Maybe if you prance around wearing it in front of our enemies, a few might die laughing!

But I do agree with you, we should dig a big ol' pit to hell and let the demons enjoy some of our fine tundra weather. A bit of sport could help keep these dwarves vigilant!

Please don't. The magma crabs are terrifying enough, and I'm not sure I could run away from a hellspawn.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

quote:

He is very rarely sick and very strong, but he is very flimsy.

`Fumbles' Thikutonshen likes granite, lead, moss opal, crossbows, goblets, nightmares for their unfathomably horrifying nature, the words of The Clean Troughs, the sound of The Lacy Butterfly and the sight of The Adoration of Saturninity. When possible, he prefers to consume crab, fonio beer and strawberries. He absolutely detests toads.

He has a deep well of patience, a great kinesthetic sense and a great sense of empathy, but he has poor focus, poor analytical abilities, a poor ability to manage or understand social relationships, poor creativity and an atrocious spatial sense.
I feel personally attacked...

Looking forward to being Actually Attacked, though. Maybe I can die gloriously/hilariously or become an unstoppable murderbeast.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Eeepies is volunteering to be a Marksdwarf as well.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Hell yeah I'm a thresher; can't wait to separate the chaff from the bits that aren't chaff, and then eat both because we live on a glacier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Do we even have grain?

(TRAIN loving FISHERMEN)