Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

verbal enema posted:

Dude gently caress yes

I wonder how many limbs I'll lose to angry ghosts this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Most of the military are spare musicians. I cannot foresee any issues at all arising from this.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Yay, metaldorf! Fey mood here I come. I have no aesthetic or artistic sense apparently so I'm sure I'll make something utterly magnificent.

Assuming I don't die in an amusing fashion first, obviously.

Wait, we're on a glacier with no resources, I'll just go insane because nobody can find any seashells or something. Though I do worship the creepy necromancer god, so I'm probably half way there already.

Rip Viola, we hardly knew ye.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

ChocolatePancake posted:

But how do they taste?

Spicy.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Radio Free Kobold posted:

I wonder, is it possible to expose certain volunteers to the fog to render them pain-immune?

As someone currently too useful to be drafted into the military, this is an astoundingly good idea and we should try it on all these spare musicians we have lying around.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Xlorp posted:

It can be dwarf blood; the gods aren't fussy.

If you can't find free range blood, store bought is fine.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Tias posted:

I'm a fervent worshipper of Deler Umerearthen. Who/what is that and do I want to know?

One of the updates on the first page talks about our pantheon. Deler is a dwarf goddess of metals, nothing terrifying. As far as we know :tinfoil:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

An earring, huh? It's a start.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

IPA Regulations posted:

God's dang blow-in took my job!!

IPA is undoubtedly milling into the elvish wine, making waspish remarks about the poor quality of the immigrant-produced weapons he's seeing and telling anyone who will listen how the lead cabinet he made once back home was the talk of the mountainhome (notwithstanding the several dwarves who starved to death while hauling it to his bedroom)

Can't hear you over the vibrations from my fabulous new silver earring, sorry.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

So Math posted:

Also at this time, it became known that the dwarf Osroct divulged the secrets of Aceached the silver earing to a human outsider.

Jealousy is unattractive, Osroct. Your human crush or whatever can have my earring when the endless magma voids full of demons freeze over.

'mediocre'? you wouldn't know craftsdorfship if it spat in your beard

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Kristopher posted:

Come talk to me when you've killed something with that trinket, craftsdwarf. Maybe if you prance around wearing it in front of our enemies, a few might die laughing!

But I do agree with you, we should dig a big ol' pit to hell and let the demons enjoy some of our fine tundra weather. A bit of sport could help keep these dwarves vigilant!

Haven't you got some hauling to do, peasant boy? Go take all day to move one sock or something. In between chatting with the humans, of course. Very important, that. I'll be over here making tools, weapons and armour and actually contributing something in the meantime.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Okay but a fat weregoat sounds adorable.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Oh. I, uh. I guess I'm the mayor now? Well, okay, but I'm not going to have much time for paperwork and such, I'm one of the only smiths we have...
memo to self, first official act: find someone to tell me what the hell the mayor does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Look, if the gods want me to make jewellery instead of weapons, then the gods clearly want you to be horribly killed by fire imps.