Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
It's been a while since I played, I had no idea dwarves could worship creatures like titans now. Does anyone know what happens if you kill the object of a dwarf's worship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
An excerpt from the journal of Osroct

... And as for gripe #23 of this rotten fortress, let's talk about that drat earring. By Zalstom Absam, you tell an outsider or two about that lousy earring and people look at you like you fed your baby water! It's a mediocre artifact and to be blunt, if it gets stolen you could make a case that I'd done the fortress a favor, but you don't see any taverns getting named in MY honor, now do you? You see, this is the problem with a fortress run by convicts. So few of them care about proper dwarven welfare programs, like the late queen's Smiting Initiative, which sought to teach all members of a given fortress basic weapon and armor forging skills, so that when the fey spirits came a-calling on you to waste precious communal resources, you at least got some fancy war-kit out of it. I don't know, maybe a fancy gewgaw or two will start to attract the better sort of dwarf, in time. A good duke to polish these rough dwarves into diamonds is just the thing this fortress needs.

Moving on to gripe #24, the lack of giant war animals to bolster the military...

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

Black Robe posted:

Jealousy is unattractive, Osroct. Your human crush or whatever can have my earring when the endless magma voids full of demons freeze over.

'mediocre'? you wouldn't know craftsdorfship if it spat in your beard

Come talk to me when you've killed something with that trinket, craftsdwarf. Maybe if you prance around wearing it in front of our enemies, a few might die laughing!

But I do agree with you, we should dig a big ol' pit to hell and let the demons enjoy some of our fine tundra weather. A bit of sport could help keep these dwarves vigilant!

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
:ghost: Jeez, that was brutal. Shame I was a helmsvirgin, if I knew how to use one, I might have survived.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

Araganzar posted:

Welcome to your new position, your Honor! Your primary responsibility as Mayor is making me an axe before the next horrible thing shows up.

I'm sure he'll have your new bracelet ready any day now :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

ddegenha posted:

In Tomehammers the gods are not so much worshiped as blamed.

Book of Tomehammers prayers is more like a catalogue of legal suits launched against the gods.

"And now, my congregation, please turn to hymn 42, 'The People of FrigidKives vs. Zalstom Absam.'"