Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The future of Take a Hike
This poll is closed.
Move it to YLLS (or similar) 13 76.47%
Move a few threads and shut it down 3 17.65%
Other (post below) 1 5.88%
Total: 17 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The consideration is appreciated, but this forum is long over. We put a fair amount of effort into a revitalization campaign. That thread is still on the first page, and last posted in in 2017. Time to let this one go. Move the 4 active threads to ylls and archive this forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Voice of Labor posted:

Move it to tfr and let that absorb hunting and fishing and hiking

Probably a better place for the hunting and fishing threads than ylls. Why do you want the hiking thread? Don't y'all just ride ATVs? :blastu:

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If y'all with the stars can fire this place up again, rock n roll. Save us from having to post in cesspools like this

https://facebook.com/groups/561648127802924

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Title ideas-
The Great Outdoors
The Goon Outdoors
Goons Going Outside
Goon Scout Camp

Everything is megathreads, embrace it. Pick a subject you enjoy and make a thread. Here is a list of ideas
Hiking
Gear
Peak bagging
Rock climbing
Ice climbing
Skiing
Mountaineering
Other gear
Paddle boating
Motor boating your mom
Biking is the new motor head crap
Running and yoga and other gym stuff done on a mountain for insta fame
Camping
Cooking outside
Pooping outside
Gear for dogs and babies
Glacier travel
Ice skating
Parks, refuges, forests
Trespassing
Conservation is last because no one cares
Gear, buy more crap to look at and think about going outside but don't actually go

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

PokeJoe posted:

General Bearshit

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Jaded Burnout posted:

This was a thing once, wasn't it? It rings old bells.

I had the same feeling, but can't place it either

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

I hope all these people stick around this is loving great

Hell ya, party in the woods tonight

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Well, that was fun for a minute, and I guess we got a couple paddling threads out of the deal. See y'all in three years

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

Apparently someone was expecting a facebook style experience where there's a whole new wall of stuff to read every time you refresh.

Barf! I was posting about outdoors stuff on facebook yesterday. Facebook sucks! I wish there was a critical mass of posters here instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Trying to be the change I want to see. Here's a thread about selfies or whatever

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3939083