Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I like this game.

I keep getting toad bells going off with nothing around. I'm guessing I will pick up some more skills/items that will help later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Riatsala posted:

I'm done with two streamers at this point and I'm feeling bogged down by non-boss combat. I'm hoping that enemies get a bit more distinctive later on in the game because there's not much difference between them aside from health totals and occasional immunity to either hammers or boots. I wish I had more attack options, or something to jazz this up because I feel like outside of boss fights this ring puzzle gimmick is not enough to carry one zone, let alone an entire game. It's slow, monotonous, and visually uninteresting, and it doesn't really make any sense to me in-universe. Maybe the problem is that I haven't played other PM games so I didn't know what I was getting into.

I think the writing and over-world game play and incredibly charming art direction will push me through to the end, but that combat sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'm in the same boat. 2 worlds down and thinking the combat is awful. IMO, the game is a good combat system away from being an all time classic. With the combat it's fun to play for 30 mins at a time and take slowly while enjoying the visuals and the humor.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No! Bobby!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
SGFL is what stopped me from even attempting 100%. I had planned on doing it and then checked the requirements and noped out.
I ended up 100% everything up to the 4 hard trophies: SHFL, rapids, ninja game, and one other.