Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bleck posted:

remember that game reviewer that took ten minutes to get out of the ten second-long Cuphead tutorial

lol

wait so Polygon is saying the combat is too punishing? lmao what is going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Nintendo is very much like a successful artist. Someone like weird al or Gary Larson not only ignore fan input, they actively dislike it. They want their creations to be their own.

It’s just weird how an entire publicly traded company can exist on that principle and continue to be successful.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Al-Saqr posted:

Water volumental boss fight is pretty cool you guys. The system is now reaching quite a bit of strategy into it, you have olivias volumental summons, 1000 fold attacks, extra move/attack blocks, chests, etc. it’s proving to be quite a lot to think about on the fly which I enjoy quite a bit!

Yeah I just got to this point and I’m loving the game. And That first boss fight was really fun.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
One thing that helped me immensely was when I realized I could press B to cancel any ring changes. Don’t be afraid to experiment!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

YoshiOfYellow posted:

One thing that pops into my head is how they made unique songs for [spoiler]Sweetpaper Valley and and the mines[spoiler] that you'll only realistically hear for a few minutes tops before you get into the Yellow Streamer area.

They hit a lot of variety with the music styles too. Each area has it's own distinct sound in all the music tracks. I also love how hard the guitar goes in on some of the fight themes.

I'm in the yellow streamer area now, and this stages music is just so god drat good. I am consistently impressed with this game!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I just spent probably an hour unsuccessfully trying to find an object in the desert night while chasing the yellow streamer. One hint was very obvious, look at my feet! But i had no items and smashing my shoecar or hammer into everything does nothing. Olivia just repeats the same loving clue you already have.

Only after scouring the help pages did I rediscover your professor companion can loving dig! He mentions it once and I completely forgot because I had gone to bed before continuing. This game holds your hands a lot but completely left me on my own for that puzzle. God drat weed 🤬

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Augus posted:

while I mostly like the bosses they sometimes throw in these really annoying curveball gotcha moments that piss me off.
like, once the phoenix boss is left vulnerable to 1,000-fold Arms your first instinct is to immediately grab that and beat the poo poo out of him before your window closes, right? But if you do that, the boss survives the attack and then heals himself all the way back to full, gently caress you, start over. The arms need to be the final hit or else they don't work. There's no indication of this.

There is! Olivia says you need to watch your timing, which I took to mean I need to shake the controller faster. She meant waiting until it’s the final kill.

Had to google that 😤