Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

I finished the game yesterday and overall it was really charming, but it felt pretty short. Not that they should have dragged it out, more like it was the same price as BOTW and Odyssey
I agree with a lot of complaints about the battles, it would have been nice to have some kind of reward or progression to it besides coins, breakable weapons + no indication of enemy hp or attack power ahead of time means I just use whatever looks strongest and hope for the best. Ultimately it didn't make it unplayable or anything, just awkward.
My only "I really hate this" moment was the final boss
It's basically a boss rush that punishes you for taking too long to solve, and you can't just brute force it, you need to get the intended solution within the time limit and execute it correctly, and you can easily die from messing up once or twice.
The bowser origami part was fine, but the final puzzle I had to look up the solution because I could not concentrate between having to dodge attacks constantly. (You need to slide the panels to match up the colors, and then rotate each ring once so that olivia is right side up)
The ending kind of sucked, not just for Olivia dying but the fact that it's one of those endings that you can't continue from. It just sucks to want to keep going and 100% it all, and have to go back to before the final boss, there's no getting to revisit places after you save the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU