Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm fine with the lack of rpg stuff I just wish they did more with the characters and designs. Colour Splash was fun enough as a soort of puzzle platformer/adventure game and well written but I was constantly irritated by all the npcs being near identical. It's frustrating cause it's just such an obvious, pervasive but easy to fix problem that seemingly no one likes.

I'm still looking forward to OK but man they couldn't give the bobomb you hang with glasses or something?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah, I've made harmless tweets just saying "I can't wait for Oragami King! I hope it's good!" and been football tackled by idiots telling me that I'm wrong for thinking that.

When Color Splash came out I remember saying that the battle system kinda stunk but I loved everything else about it, therefor I thought it was a good game overall just with flaws- and I was called a idiot because 'dude look at ttyd it gave you star points! There's no reasons for you to fight in Color Splash! No star points! Bad game! God let me rant in your ear about toads and unique npc's'

I'm sick of hearing about unique npcs. I'm sick of hearing about star points. I'm sick of being told I can't enjoy the new Paper Mario because some weirdos desperately search for posts to argue about on other platforms. Hell even on SA I've had it happen. Look at literally the first post in this thread, imagine that getting posted unironically every time the franchise gets brought up. I'm so tired of it dude.

I mean it's annoying but this is still really a you problem and you making GBS threads up a thread raving about TTYD fanboys isn't any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

willing to brave the creaming hordes of Karen’s in your path.

:wink:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

very interesting article from the creators of the game that lays out why they keep changing things and refusing to do what fans want them to do:-

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/interviews/paper-mario-origami-king

some key quotes:-

Apparently there's a quote here that might hint at why they dont make characters like Goombella and stuff anymore, apparently it's some sort of forced internal restriction by nintendo:-

Yeah it's pretty clear from this that they're well aware about what fans want but they're operating on a completely different outlook and wont probably give the fans what they're expecting anytime soon.

In any case, the game should be playable soon so I'm looking forward to it!

I mean this was kinda obvious but really sucks to actually read. Just knocked a lot of enthusiasm out of me.