Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

This is your reminder that numerous reviewers did not realize the vault chapter of Super Paper Mario was a puzzle despite the game screaming hints at the player and actually spent five hours or whatever running on a treadmill

To be fair it's not like anything was stopping you from spending 5 hours on a treadmill, especially when "tape down a button and leave the console on overnight" has proven itself to be a viable method outside of Super Paper Mario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So they can't create more characters like Goombella, but they can create more characters like Vivian as shown by the helper characters in the post TTYD games.

Am I getting that right?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Khanstant posted:

I almost wish they'd re-release it today just because it somehow escaped the scathing it deserve at launch. Like, everyone recognizes how blatantly and lazily sexist it is, I just think it deserves a whooping through twitter.

There's nothing stopping it from happening now.

You don't even need twitter for it, we can do it in this very thread.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

skaianDestiny posted:

Some concept art for OK.

We were loving robbed.

This reminds of the concept art from Color Splash where at some point in development the rock, paper, scissors guy was the same type of ghost as Doopliss from TTYD.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

BurgerQuest posted:

Its always the sliding the kills me, circles are just fine but sliding breaks my brain especially with large numbers of enemies everywhere.

This is what's getting me too. Like I pay the toads and they slide an enemy row up or down one and I can solve the rest no problem.

Makes me feel real dumb afterwards because the first step is so simple in hindsight.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

I wonder why. Back when they both had animated TV series they had a crossover. (Jafar turned up in the Underworld and him and Hades teamed up.)

Did Jafar ever interact with Hercules? I remember hearing that Disney villains could interact with each other because "Disney Villains" is like a brand or something.

So Jafar and Hades are okay to talk to each other, but Jafar wouldn't be able to talk to anyone else.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Green Streamer:

Is there any point in helping Bowser's soldiers in the banquet hall?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh good I'm not the only one who never thought to slide panels until the Ice Vellumental fight.

Speaking of was anyone else expecting a tiger? You know to complete the four symbols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I do wonder how the game would have turned out if coins were used as exp like some people thought when the game first came out.

Throw in losing your coins whenever you die too I guess.