Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
I'm really disappointed I was looking forward to playing a new Paper Mario but the battle system being what it is is turning me off, I'm bad at puzzles and just looking at the boss fights makes my head hurt. It just sucks when a childhood favorite moves in a direction that you cant follow. An RPG is defined by its options and in this game you have none which means that this game is just puzzles and I just cant stand puzzles. The idea that your coin supply is used directly as a crutch is interesting but probably too cleaver for its own good. I'll watch a lets play some day of this and Color Splash if/when I have the time or inclination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
I don't think the Paper Mario games are the greatest RPGs of all time but they are great, and part of that was the mechanical simplicity coupled with surprising depth, you could make some dumb builds in those games. But also the world was full of these unique faces and even if the writing is as strong as ever its just loses something without the variety the old games had. Also I would like another Mario RPG I like Mario and I like RPGs. Mario and Luigi was great but those arnt coming out anymore so ya I got my hopes up that the Origami King would have a battle system I could sink my teeth into as it is I dont like and suck at slider puzzles and was hoping the game would have something there for me and ended up disappointed when it didnt. Color Splash was just boring on the other hand I do not know how anyone got through that one.