Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Thousand Year Door is still quite good. But Origami King still looks fun, though I wish it did have a bit more traditional RPG elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Araxxor posted:

Regarding the concern of lack of incentive and progression from battles, it seems like they might have actually addressed that this time around according to leaked copies of the game.

Coins can be used to permanently upgrade your stats. Why they didn't reveal this in marketing is beyond me.

If this is the case then everything is fine.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Origami King is fun. Though I wish they would lift some of the restrictions.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Something to note is while the first few bosses are easy. They start lasting a fair bit longer as time goes on.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Olivia seems a first for a Mario advice partner in that she actually seems to be kind of dumb.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spellman posted:

They axed all the cool Yoshi's Island characters, it was an absolute bloodbath

Yeah they should bring these guys back plus the Doogans.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Augus posted:

Like how Disney has a staunch rule against something like Disney Infinity or Kingdom Hearts letting Hercules go to the Aladdin world.

I wonder why. Back when they both had animated TV series they had a crossover. (Jafar turned up in the Underworld and him and Hades teamed up.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

Did Jafar ever interact with Hercules? I remember hearing that Disney villains could interact with each other because "Disney Villains" is like a brand or something.

So Jafar and Hades are okay to talk to each other, but Jafar wouldn't be able to talk to anyone else.

Yes Jafar went to Athens fought Hercules and then Agrabah to create illusions to make the two heroes meet up and fight one another. Then the two realized the truth teamed up and killed Jafar again.

Edit: I watched the episode and Hercules kills Jafar super hard at the start of the episode when they first meet. Deliberately crushing him with a giant statue head. And sending him back to Hades for a redo.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jul 25, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like Super Paper Mario quite a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Origami king was cool, but I wish it has an exp system, with upgrades and stuff.