Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I wasn't expecting the Purple Streamer chapter to turn into a parody of THE ENTIRE FIRST ARC of Wind Waker :stonklol:. I'm now up to Shangri-Spa, progress-wise.

The Tape Dispenser boss fight also sucked mechanically, because it just railroaded you through the steps to beat it turn-by-turn. It was pretty much an interactive cutscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I thought Shy Guys Finish Last was alright. What I really, really hated was that snifit expression game. It's a funny idea at first, but getting a game over on it is such a huge gently caress you.

The second time around the Snifit gives away what his expression is - he snickers at you in the textbox before it. It's still a really mean gotcha though. Shy Guys Finish Last was just completely unfun for me and I couldn't nope out of their fast enough when they offered the Sudden-Death round. Just took the win and moved riiiight on.

I finished the game too and while I liked most of it the ending was just straight terrible. Nintendo; Pick a fight or puzzle, not both. Nobody likes being interrupted trying to do something that requires focus with "THINK FAST!!" QTE's. Olivia's wish is also just completely stupid; There's literally zero reason she had to die, she just arbitrarily wishes herself out of existence because... bittersweet ending? :shrug:

Also the air battle sequence is cool in concept, but completely tainted by the Bob-omb-firing cannon minigame after Bobby's big sacrifice and knowing you're murdering his buddies by the dozen without the game so much as commenting on it :stare:.