Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Bleck posted:

the online-maligned Paper Marios have sold more or less as well as TTYD (Colour Splash kind of balances out if you account for how few Wii Us sold), so they probably just don't see the point

as much as I agree with some criticisms of SS and CS, I think the reality is that how "bad" those games are for not having as many numbers going up isn't as loud an opinion as your favorite echo-chamber would lead you to believe

None of them have sold anywhere near what super paper mario did, though.

Meanwhile, you can put a decent chunk of damage for any given wii u game on the wii u itself, but causing your sales to be less than 10% of the supposed ideal is pushing things a fair amount. It's a bit hard to find a solid comparison, but I guess the best is probably Xenoblade? It was pretty much the ideal of cult classic until the switch came around. Xenoblade X sold about a third of Xenoblade 1, around double what Color Splash sold.

As for Sticker Star, it pretty much benefited from people buying it because they assumed it'd be good due to the name. It's a pretty common phenomenon. It's usually followed with the next game selling like dogshit, regardless of whether or not it's good, or even just better than the predecessor. Like Color Splash did.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU