Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
This song on the CD you find for the DJ Toad in the temple is straight up Initial D Eurobeat and it kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think the battle system is fine as a nice distraction from adventuring and whatnot but god it becomes downright terrible when you have encounter after encounter after encounter. The ninji house is misery incarnate despite being a fun theme.
Dozens of battles against Ninji's who counter the hammer, so it's just making straight lines to jump on the entire time. I was told I missed 3 ninja masters and to try again and gently caress that.

Also I didn't see if this was addressed but the Ninjis stay defeated on your second lap to get all the Toad ninjas.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I'm in what I'm assuming is the final area (Peach's castle/origami castle) and just came across my favorite origami visual gag in the game where Olly knocks a couple minions into what appear to be origami spikes, but it turns out they're those playground paper fortune tellers and they eat the minions up goddamn I love this game and I'm bummed it's almost over

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

PageMaster posted:

very minor last boss spoilers:

Does the game help you out after enough fails during what I'm guessing is the final phase of the last fight where you have to unscramble the magic circle with the gas rising? I can't do it at all and I've already retried 6 times with no prompts or changes that I can see, so if not and there's no other gameplay afterwards I'm about ready to just watch the ending and call it a day

I had a weirdly hard time with this enough that I remember the exact solution when I finally got it right:

Start off by sliding stuff around until everything's solved but flipped 180 degrees (so the color in the stationary little bit in the middle matches the puzzle on the opposite side of the board), then rotate the whole thing so it's right side up.