Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Which game has the best solitaire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have the feelies for both the Shenzhen I/O and Exapunks special editions, they're really rad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The only Zachtronics brand game I've finished is Eliza lol (and yes it's also the one where I actually beat the solitaire too)

Time to see how I fare with this new one

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am playing this one on Microsoft Gamepass

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

Weirdly compelling. Is there a keyboard shortcut to go back to the hand tool?

e: It's right clicking.

You can get a lot done if you go ham with the tape. And because you can move parts out from under the tape without damaging it, if you set up a checkerboard pattern you can reuse it.

Yeah the premise seems like "oh do i really want to do this" but it sucked me in and took up most of my play time this evening lol.

I wish it had a magnifying glass though because my eyes are not good enough to do the fine detail work to my satisfaction lol, i am using an OS-level magnifier

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oh right does this game have feelie/hidden materials even outside the deluxe edition... i wonder how that works with gamepass

like i know Shenzhen I/O and Exapunks had pdf stuff

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Jesus can someone help me with the OR gate in Chipwizard? I feel like I am just fundamentally failing to learn what it is trying to teach me. If someone could post a solution so I can reverse engineer it or a hint...

lol I am struggling on this one too... the first design i made ended up passing the signal when either input was on but not when both were on... the second attempt I guess I didn't fully understand how electricity flows across vias lol.

I am gonna keep working at it without looking at any hints though

Edit: OH... I had completely ignored the voltage as a constant signal that you could use for the transistors lol. Posting works

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 6, 2022

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/zachtronics/status/1564730936725749760

I guess it's good teaching didn't work out...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am finding Fortune's Foundation to be extremely difficult lol, it's hard to wrap my head around especially having played all the other solitaires right before this.

The specific rules are messing with my prior heuristics, as stacks that might look good are actually unwinnable because you can't move stacked cards, stacks go in both directions, using the free cell blocks you from melding cards off the stack lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have been staring at this position for like ten minutes, unable to determine how to proceed and wondering if I've already failed after two moves lol

Does this game give you unwinnable deals? I know it happens with Klondike

Edit: oh poo poo

Edit 2: it took me one hour but whew, that's one win with every solitaire

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 9, 2022