Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

grate deceiver posted:

I wouldn't mind some kind of electrical engineering game from Zach next, Ruckingenur was p dope

I was scratching my head at your comment for a moment, thinking of Shenzhen I/O, when I realized that one is really more of a puzzle about being an integrated software dev than an electrical engineer. I imagine there's a puzzle game or two about drawing circuits out of components. Making it dynamic enough I think would require using some amount of semi-programmable integrated circuits though. Probably doable without being too similar to Shenzhen, considering the number of programming games they've made previously.

E: Speaking as not-a-very-good-at-all programmer and an utterly amateur electrical tech; man the idea of that game is sticking with me. Sounds fun and wish it existed outside my imagination.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

I can't see how the last Zachtronics game could be anything but bittersweet, but it's good to be enjoying it in fine company.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Kotaku posted:

With the decision made and announced, then, what comes next? For Barth, he’s hoping to work on something else, while other members of the team are likewise looking to try their hands at new challenges. “My original plan was to wrap things up at Zachtronics and then find a new job teaching high school computer science, but the timing was off,” he says. “I just finished my first year of teaching and Last Call BBS hasn’t even been released yet! I was hoping that I’d really like teaching and stay with that for a few years, but I learned that’s definitely not the case and I’m having a hard time imagining anything other than games in my future, in some shape or form.”

https://kotaku.com/zachtronics-farewell-goodbye-closing-eliza-last-call-bb-1849096767

I was glad to read that last line. Dude has neat ideas and I'm glad he'll be working on them.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Last Call BBS had an update today. From the changelog:

Zachtronics posted:

Today's update includes the following changes:

Increased the maximum win count for Dungeons & Diagrams and the solitaire games from 999 to 9999. Please don't interpret this as a challenge.

Perhaps we players are predictable.