Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Seconding that ZACH is the only studio I will buy anything off of day 1 no questions asked. I have played like 20mins total of Moleksyntez. I will buy the next game day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

so hype about that programmable radio

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

New game out, anyone tried it yet?

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I went and bought it. Initial impressions - it's a bit Advance Wars with hexes, with some chess-like strategy thrown in. Kinda some DNA in common with Into the Breach as well? Units have 4 pips of health, plus armor has armor. Infantry can either move 1 hex or attack, tanks can move, attack, or move and weaker attack on same turn. You need to pay a lot of attention to positioning and terrain - if you leave your units in the open and in range of the enemy, they'll immediately get wrecked. I'm only at the very beginning, but AI seems very docile - it'd maneuver near its staring deployment positions, but made no attempt to circle me or do anything too aggresive.

Haven't unlocked the radio or solitaire yet, but there's pdf manuals!

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Lmao, ok, I kinda take it back about the docile AI. I got to the second mission when the enemy gets their own move&attack units and it kicked my rear end immediately. It really is all about range and positioning

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Each mission is separate, you get a set number of points at start to spend on a predefined selection of units for each mission. The campaign is just for story continuity.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I wouldn't mind some kind of electrical engineering game from Zach next, Ruckingenur was p dope

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

KONSTRUKTOR is more like logic chip programming though? I was thinking more about something that would teach about managing voltages with resistors, condensers, diodes and all that stuff. Like making actual electric appliances or control systems from zero. I know there are entire apps for prototyping and simulating circuits, but my stupid brain would like something gamified with clear objectives, because I suck at coming up and maintaing interest in learning projects.

Ruckingenur is also not really about that, but it's probably the closest. You don't really have to probe the voltages at all, all the puzzles can be solved by loving around with chip registers.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Ok, guys, I got it - a game about building analog synthesizers. You get your typical programming weirdos interested, and you got your synth weirdos. Zachtronic gets to play around in an entirely new niche. There's a large supply of ideas in the synth diy world. You get a pretty big variation of 'missions' - you have your power supplies, your sequencers, your mixers, your midi devices, effect boxes, wave generators, etc.

Then you can have your creative mode where you link up your stuff with patch cables and do music.

Hello Zachtronics please hire me as an ideas guy, tia

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I goddamn love fake-OS games. Fully hype.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Also gives out his games for free to schools. Honestly king poo poo.

And it looks like zach-likes are slowly becoming a genre too so we might be getting more good games anyway.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

What the gently caress, the OR gate in Chipwizard is already loving me up :negative: how am I so bad at this.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Interesting. I tried to start using the V+ but could not quite figure out how it figured in. I also really got into my head that it was trying to teach me the PNP transistors so it never occurred to me to play with the NPNs. Assumptions I suppose.

The nice thing about Chipwizard is you can cheat by just looking up actual electronic circuits :v:

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

You should check out Model Builder then

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

Stayed up until about 3am last night until I finished X'BPGH. :stonklol:

Would play an entire game about growing forbidden organs to become immortal.

Come to think of it, that's kinda Amazing Cultivator Sim

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

WhiteHowler posted:

In Food Court, I hate the way the Fryer works.

The "Sense" output fires once after an item is triggered to eject, which throws off the counters.

So if the Fryer ejects at zero, the associated counter will actually go to -1. This means I can't use the same counter initialization for subsequent orders. A good example of this is The Commissary, where several of the orders have two four-tick fried foods.

I know I could set the counter one higher and fire an event to de-increment it when the factory starts, but that seems really sloppy, and I don't always have a free output on my Start event.

I could also build the Eject into a sequencer routine, but again, I often don't have free outputs on my sequencers.

Has anyone found a good workaround for this?

Green Wing posted:

I'm horribly inefficient and use the big counters, with the decrement step coming from an AND gate enabled by the count being positive.

You think you're inefficient? I just throw a sensor after the fryer and link it to a +1

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Phssthpok posted:

Once you're happy with your Signal Multiplexer, check out this advanced labeling technique:

And add me to your steam friends for shared leaderboards: https://steamcommunity.com/id/myhf/

Now I want to return to TIS-100. I was never able to complete the Sequence Sorter within the instruction limits.

Idgi, what is happening here, won't the center always run all instructions since there's no jumps?

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Ooooh, it's the JRO UP, that's pretty clever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Found something that might be of interest to all zachheads out there - Retro Gadgets

Seems more like a toy/tool than a game with concrete goals, but pretty cool nonetheless.