Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/gonadic_io/status/1550983009288994816

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Fyi he's already quit teaching, had done so before the game was released, and said he can't really see how he could not go back to making games of some form.

Lol at him burning bridges in his swan song talking about how poo poo game publishers are

I liked food court obviously but you can tell that some of these are back burner ideas that never made it a full game. Chip wizard in particular is really susceptible to mind numbing brute forcing and the flesh one idk didn't click with me with that time travelling cell autonoma setup.

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 1, 2022

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Do you have a source for that? I couldn't find one about him quitting teaching already.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932334&pagenumber=6#post524378995

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
To be fair I am an Actual Programmer and things like sorting a list using only a FIFO stack is such bullshit, and my online circles of other Actual Programmers tend to agree. Much harder than the job lol

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
exapunks has the coolest presentation of the Actual Programming ones imo, followed by shenzen which is no joke slightly traumatic in terms of dealing with bad bosses and foreign datashets for parts, and then tis-100 has the least interesting presentation imo but it's not bad still

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Llamadeus posted:

As a non-programmer the actual-programming ones didn't hold any immediate appeal for me, but once I started one I realised it wasn't too different from the spatial games. And I even managed to get a couple of solutions on to the global leaderboard.

the same relation holds true in real life btw between excel and Real Programming

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Every j that appears there is a jump instruction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
My favourite video game: Qemu