Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

GuavaMoment posted:

Any tips for making the hand on the final level of the Forbidden Path? I don't even know where to start.

That's the one where you build a ribcage of sorts, surrounded by meat, right? I spent a lot of time trying to be clever and e.g. start with the 2x1 bone rungs and then destroying & re-growing the other half in order to spend less time growing the meat first, but ultimately my solve was starting from bottom-middle, right above the metal, and growing the meat surrounding as fast as I can (and using the different stages of meat as indicators for which cells should become bone (based on horizontal adjacency).)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

GuavaMoment posted:

No, it's a hand. With fingernails. The user submitted levels.

Ah shoot, I thought you meant the "official" initial set, not the user-submitted ones. Sorry.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

hyphz posted:

I mean, the level design is the difficult bit. Implementing the rest is easy in comparison. You could play it with a pen and paper.

Dungeons & Diagrams is effectively a paper puzzle; there are some others like Nonogram (Picross is a Nonogram puzzle), Cave & Aquarium that have somewhat similar systems. If you liked DnD, you might enjoy e.g. the puzz.link database of paper puzzles (each comes with a solving tool & rules explanations so you don't need to actually draw on paper) (https://puzz.link/), or the Grandmaster Puzzles blog (https://www.gmpuzzles.com/blog/)

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does this game give you unwinnable deals? I know it happens with Klondike

From what I had heard, the Zachtronics solitaires select from a pre-generated huge set of deals that are guaranteed to be solvable. Congrats on the win, even though I'm over half a year late with this.