Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Dear Zachtronics, please make a modern version of Omega. Thank you. Love, me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
I still want Zachtronics to do a modern version of Omega.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
I still want a modern version of Omega.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
"How To Invent Everything" by Ryan North has a great chapter that covers the logical progression from 'Classical Greek Logic' to 'and, not, or, xor gates' to 'half adders' to 'full adders' to 'basic CPU.'

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Yeah, Shenzhen is a little bit too on the nose in being a 'working engineer' simulator. "We have ten thousand of these chips. We're not even sure what they do. Figure out a product we can build with them to recoup our losses." Or eventually finding some of the undocumented commands that, in retrospect, make half the game trivial.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Tirranek posted:

Really should have read the manual more carefully :negative:

Congratulations, you are now a programmer.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
I've been wishing, literally since 1989 came and went, for an updated version of Omega.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_(video_game)

I still have the manual sitting on my shelf.

I've never found a game that scratches quite the same itch.

TheCenturion fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

fezball posted:

Are you aware of Carnage Heart EXA on PSP? I have never played Omega myself, but the description seems reasonably close.

I am, as well as Mindrover and a few others.

I like the chunky, old-school procedural code. Seems like a perfect fit for a Zachtronics game, if he ever decides he wants to make more. Like Shenzhen I/O.