Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
drat, Chapter 1 Mission 7 is hard as gently caress. The enemy got these wayy too overpowered and fast tank/everything killers and I don't know what to counter with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
I hated it.

- The levels are all variants of sending colors and shapes in different ratios into different output boxes, no creativity
- It all relies way too much on random chance, so one solution that fails can succeed the next time you try it
- Your logic boxes level up and become faster, which means some speed goals are impossible the first time you encounter them
- There is a money metagame where every run costs you money and you have to upgrade your hardware
- At some points in the game it changes to an entirely different game, where you have to do a bad driving game to generate training data for an AI

Much better Zach-likes:

Silicon Zeroes
MHRD
Prime Mover
Human Resource Machine
7 Billion Humans

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Are any of you in Europe and have received the package yet? The last update on my tracking is from June 22, so I guess I won’t get it in time for the release

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Nth Doctor posted:

They were already owned by a larger game company. I could see internal transfers being available.

When were they owned by a larger company, and which one? As far as I know Zachtronics has always been independent.

edit: Apparently they've been owned by something called "Alliance Media Holdings" since 2015 - I guess they've been pretty much in the background since Zachtronics is listed as the publisher and developer on their Steam games.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 4, 2022

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
that ZXQW or whatever game's aesthetic reminds me of Cybernoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbpKTigWrT4

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Can you do the later stages of X'BPGH with a "stable" solution, or do you have to time it juust right so it's the correct solution at the last frame? I'm having major issues finding a solution to the upper right stage.

Overall impressions so far: Presentation is top notch, but none of the minigames have really "clicked" with me like previous Zachtronics games. Maybe because there's no actual programming games included.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Done with X'BPGH, now I'm slamming my head against Stepper Motor in the circuit designer. There's so little space!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Snuffman posted:

I have no idea what I'm doing in X'BPGH.

Can someone drop some hints to get me started?

The upper half is a timeline with 12 steps showing the organism's evolution. You set the starting position of the first "cell" in the upper left grid.

The bottom half is a sequence of "rules" with order like 1 2 3 4 5 6 etc

Clicking one of them allows you to set a "source" cell on the left half, and an action that cell will take on the right half, like dividing in a specific direction, specializing into a different type of cell etc. In each time step, each cell looks for the first rule that matches, and does the specified action. For the first level, it should just be a rule that specializes the red starter cell into pink, then four rules that tell the pink cells to grow in all the different directions.

Later levels allow you to set an extra conditional with the dpad looking thing in the lower left, so a rule only matches if the neighbor of a cell matches too.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Eggnogium posted:

Crazy stuck on Stepper Motor Driver in Chipwizard right now. I can't even get either of the B inputs on its own let alone in a way that leaves room for the rest. My solution to Dual Oscillator depended on the offset being the same as the period.

Small hint: You can do all four outputs with a single oscillator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Balatro is if like every time you opened a Zachtronics level, you were only allowed to use a randomly picked 10% of the instruction set