Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

https://twitter.com/zachtronics/status/1537191470599241728

Confirmed "last" was not a typo. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

hyphz posted:

Don’t know if I wanted to laugh or cry at the guy who designed such awesome programming puzzles finding out that typical pupils will never learn that way.

He did an interview with a podcast where he talks about it. It sounds him quitting was much more a matter how lovely the school system is than anything like that.

That whole interview is great honestly.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

I've been checking out Neon Noodles, and I'm enjoying it. Cribs a lot of stuff from Zachtronics games.

I was concerned at first when it seemed like you couldn't save multiple solutions, but it does allow for that once you get past the "tutorial" levels.

None of my Zach-likes goons appear to have scores to compare to, feel free to add me (not a hyperlink so no bots scrape me up): https://steamcommunity.com/id/ + NickPancakes

Some other recent-ish non-Zachtronics Zach-likes that might interest folks:

Infinite Turtles - I played the first big and haven't gone back yet but it seems like it gets pretty insane.

Manufactoria 2022 - Remake of an older browser game that I loved. Kinda like a 2D Infinifactory, where your main constraint is space.