Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I printed the Shenzhen I/O manual (at work, of course) and bought a ring binder with cover page pocket to put it in.

For added authenticity, buy those reinforcing stickers and only put them on the punched pages that get torn.

For maximum authenticity, do what I did and lose it when you move house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
It took me an embarrassingly long time to realise that the emitters could be programmed to slide around the perimeter of Romanian Drug Lab Simulator

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Black Griffon posted:

Another thing that's so great and unique with the games is the first time I get a solution that's competitive with your way smarter steam friends on your first try.

(stone cold jane austen you're frustratingly clever)

(Valnoctamide)

Hexane costs too many emitters and operations to carve up. I never use it unless the product contains a hexane ring, and not even always then.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Black Griffon posted:

Edit: got it down to 15 symbols and I swear there's 14 symbol just scratching at my cornea.

I know what you mean, when I look at that grid full of + and - operations I feel like I should be able to replace more of them with shifts but I just can't see it.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Timing crystal

Glare Seethe posted:

Goddamn, the Production Alchemy puzzles do not mess around. I am definitely getting exposed here as a mere hobbyist rather than pro alchemist.

Greetings fellow mere dabbler

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
You can get the count 11 lower

You're grabbing an input once every six cycles, I'm sure you can do it more often than that

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

What's your steam profile background from?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
The Opus Magnum hex grid with the V Critelli stamp would make a nice background

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Here are the designs of mine I'm most satisfied with. Not necessarily the fastest, sometimes it's worth spending a few more cycles for a more aesthetically-pleasing layout. If that's not alchemy then I don't know what is.

https://i.imgur.com/CXNWOcz.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/Bw70h0t.mp4

Edit: added a cycle to Rocket Propellant for more symmetrical animation
Edit 2: smoothing of courage potion animation

GotLag fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jul 26, 2020

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Just refunded Mobius Front after 40 minutes. I was expecting more puzzles but according to Zach on reddit:
"The range of the "15 to 40 hours" estimate is due to some people finding the game more challenging than others. The TIS-330 puzzle minigame is probably 30 to 60 minutes of gameplay at most. It's one of my favorite puzzles that I've designed, but it's definitely just a small part of the experience. This is a wargame first and foremost."

:(

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Excuse me, it's spelt KOHCTPYKTOP

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Daedalus1134 posted:

Spoiler for a solution to the hardest the demo has to offer.

:smug:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Daedalus1134 posted:

Very nice. I am pretty sure Min and Max were not there when I played.

Edit: Oh wow, they added a bunch of things to play with.

They definitely weren't there until I got up to the optional puzzle, and I'm not sure but I don't think they were even an option until I'd finished that puzzle once.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Is there a Silicon Zeroes thread? I want to post about how much the puzzle Threes is kicking my arse :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ