Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
POSTER: kastein
VEHICLE: a lot over the years. Mostly XJs, MJs, 98-02 foresters, with a Dodge or three, a 5 ton, a Justy, a Buick, and a few FSJs sprinkled in for seasoning
GOAL: everything from tedious daily maintenance and catching up on previous owner neglect to custom CNC fabrication and drivetrain swaps. Mostly been focused on LS swapping my crusty bobbed J truck for the last year or two.
DIFFICULTY: good Lord what the gently caress was I thinking money smells terrible when it burns
LINK: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3527505 (I'm editing a table of contents into the op as I find time but it's slow going. Basically gently caress-all happens till late 2013 when I 5 speed swap an XJ, then nothing till shy boy from chess club and I fly-and-drive a Justy 2000 miles in early 2015, then gently caress-all happens again till page 53 when I buy the j truck, then gently caress-all again till like, 2018ish I think when work began in ernest on the swap. Months of nothing but post whoring with no concrete progress of any kind. Expect to scroll a lot. There's a lot of napkin engineering and debate that leads to nothing and a lot of boring poo poo in between major leaps forward.)

I have Jeep problems and overengineer things, but leave them ugly and beat.

Before:

After: same look, but capable of highway speeds without having a wrecker under it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU