Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.
POSTER: It's me, I'm the poster
VEHICLE: see below
GOALs - see below
DIFFICULTY: lifestyle
LINK: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867802

I'm currently working on several vehicles - I'll start from oldest to newest.

1930 Ford Model A Roadster - Highboy hot rod

this is an original 1930 Ford Roadster with the original "banger" 4cy with many speed parts and period mods. I drove this car more than any other car in 2020 (granted I really had nowhere to go)

Goals: continue upgrade, mod, race and enjoy - projects on deck, rear tank and fuel lines, suspension work and interior

1948 Buick Roadmaster Sedanette - 2 door "sedanette" aka fastback

This car was half rear end restored in the late 90s, I've owned it for 15 years - I've recently installed an incredibly rare Edmunds dual intake manifold on to the 320ci straight 8 backed by the first generation Dynaflow transmission which is a single speed cvt style transmission. I drive this car weekly

Goals: rust repair in trunk and complete interior, and solve overheating issues

1940s (exact year unknown) Belly tank lakester project

This is a long term project that I only have a few parts for - I plan to build a Buick straight 8 engine around this ridiculous 6 carb intake manifold. The rendering shows my eventual plans for the vehicle

Goals: to complete this build before I die

1954 Buick Century wagon:

This is the first all steel body wagon ever made by Buick - with only 1400 examples made, it's a rare car and was the top of the line most expensive station wagon offering for GM in 54. This car can be a daily driver and has been at times - its more than capable of highway speeds and is very comfortable - the interior is 100% original.

Goals: rust repair and maintain original drivetrain and interior

2007 Lexus LX470

This is by far the nicest car I have ever own - barring any circumstances outside my control this will be the last modern vehicle I purchase for myself.

goals: maintain and keep clean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU