Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Sadly when you are Teens and Tweens, doing your best is understandably limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Fascinated by what appear to be cracks in the sky back in the time when the woman in white was around.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tenebrais posted:

Fascinated by what appear to be cracks in the sky back in the time when the woman in white was around.

That might be the initial form of the barrier before Anemone went into sleep mode? Before someone realized it needed to reboot every night.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Huh, one of Anemone's eye's has changed colour. They used to be the same grey as her hair, but now one of them is somewhat gold.

Also evidence that the Woman in White used to be human - her dress isn't melded into her form here.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

It looks like that white lightning that anemone was throwing around sometimes during her fight https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-19-page-32

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Chapter 22 begins!

I love that Kokoro's first instinct when she meets an authority figure is to assume she's breaking a rule

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Suzy’s MG power is being a total buzzkill.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

They probably heavily frown upon bringing boys/boyfriends up to your room. Nothing in the rules about girlfriends though!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

nimby posted:

They probably heavily frown upon bringing boys/boyfriends up to your room. Nothing in the rules about girlfriends though!

She did specificy other students are allowed to visit. Quite possibly your girlfriend from another school would be just as banned as a boyfriend. But even setting aside worries about dorm residents getting it on, that's a boarding house for the city's class of celebrities - probably a lot of its residents appreciate being able to go there to get away from the general public.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Suzy’s MG power is being a total buzzkill.

That's just the passive aura being an RA gives you.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

"Go! Distract from the fact that we haven't been posting new chapter updates!
Chapter beginning if you haven't been keeping up without the thread reminding you

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Was tempted to make a template.

Quote is not edit <.<

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

(Font is Webletterer BB, if anyone else wants a go)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tenebrais posted:

Thank you, I couldn't decide what font to use.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Thanks for the fonts!

I appear to be in a children's card game mood.

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 27, 2023

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Tenebrais posted:

The Lackadaisy crossover we never knew we wanted!

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Undine used Guilt Trip!

It's super effective!

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I feel bad to say it because I love this comic, and I'm sure if the writing is suffering it's due to Cagle's very terrible IRL stuff going on with her dad (and thus extremely understandable) because it's been so tightly written thus far, but this scene has just felt sort of meandering and redundant to me.

Like, we as the audience know that HP fought her dad over this, that he was scared for her, and moved out as a result. And... so does Undine. They kind of already had this part of the conversation. Especially the newest page.

What do we learn here that we didn't learn here? (lmao at my links being chapter 22 page 10 and chapter 10 page 22 respectively, I take it back, this is clearly some homestuck level recursion I am not prepared to comprehend :ohdear:)

And while yes, talking again over the same things in more detail when you are now closer to a person due to dating them is absolutely a normal and expected thing to do within the bounds of their character, it's just not really giving us as the audience more information, and it feels like time that could be better spent on something else.

I love the comic, again, and I'm not trying to criticize it too harshly, it's just sort of like a "anyone else feel like this scene is dragging a little or is it just me?". Hope it gets back on track soon :) or at the very least that Undine gets to pet that fuckin cat

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i feel like five years and 12 chapters is probably a fine span of time to revisit an important point

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I suspect it’s going to become very important at some point during this book, so Mary’s decided to refresh the readers (and reintroduce new ones) to Kokoro’s relationship with her father.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Even if all this isn't necessarily new to the audience, it's still an important scene for Kokoro as a character - right now she's actually unpacking how she feels about her father. Especially in front of someone who has lived through the worst of magical girls not being invincible, which is probably good cause to get her seeing his side of it a little better!

I was half-expecting him to have turned out to have died in the no-barrier period in the last night, but, well, there's still time for that particular tragedy to happen.

In any case, I'm enjoying this scene more than the previous one with the TV interview. That one did feel like it was dragging out. It's kind of inevitable when we're down to one page a week.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Probably no update this week but the Undine outfit in this month's Patreon wallpaper is very cute.

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1730701806702113020

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Secret Wells lore revealed!

Undine's parents have always been very chill and supportive from what we've seen of them, despite all the recent circumstances. But then, maybe that's because of the recent circumstances - perhaps they don't want to add to the pressures Undine's under after everything else she's been through, no matter how they feel about how close they came to losing her.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I wonder how many generations this whole MG business has been going on.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
At least three, evidently.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
I wonder what % of each age cohort gets mystical mahou powerz

Too rare and there'd be a lot more buzz about the certainty of passing on powers via the magic of teen pregnancy

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

We're back from hiatus!

Also the crowdfunding campaign for volume 2 has started.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

You can't go patrol now! Who will cuddle kicks?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Zoe is here. All is right in the world

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Zoe is fantastic, but any update with my favorite conspiracy buff Rue is also a good page.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

"So are your friends crazy people?"

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is that normal?

Seems Goops is up to loving with the whole city yet again. Though despite the mass panic she might be soon causing, its probably better than turning off the barrier again.

I am guessing she is going to do a big villain speech to the city now that the girls have given her an introduction.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This would be the right time for it, both tactically (while all eyes are on her) and narratively (while readers are thinking about her).

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-22-page-17

Going to be a long night. Perhaps the radio wasn't Stressa's direct doing but more of poo poo is rought for Anemone right now and its setting everything to fritz?

Does she also run the announcer system?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Those colors belong to the dead members of Team Alchemical.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

Purple was not a color they used, and no yellow for Silva so I don't think that's it

Also I just noticed that in the distance some houses don't have the barrier at all yet.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Rand Brittain posted:

Blue and pink are present, so it's also the alive members... and purple, and no yellow.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, it could be orange, but I would have called that yellow.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Since Anemone is responsible for crafting the barrier, perhaps the fragmentation could be a result of her stressed state of mind or otherwise having received damage from the fight?

Anemone has been associated with rainbow colors before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

the colors in panel 2 as they go through the alley are ALMOST the GBIV portion of the rainbow, but not quite.