Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
also it feels more like 'vedika let a worry slip out when mindlinked with cassidy' than 'vedika expressed out loud her worries about undine'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
on the bright side she won't be making that mistake again

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
via mary cagle's twitter

https://twitter.com/dmarielicea/status/1329495217645506560
https://twitter.com/dmarielicea/status/1329185266767192067
https://twitter.com/dmarielicea/status/1329168072125591560

more details on design notes on the artist's twitter/this thread

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 23, 2020

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
we absolutely do not know anything to be true about what's outside the barrier and that's fully intentional at this point in the comic

I do understand the impulse to not trust anything we're told about the setting, but it could also be that at some point in the future someone gets revved up about getting to the other side and seeing what's actually out there and finding out it's just as horrible as we've been told

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
huh, I didn't even realize this was a thing

https://sleeplessdomain.fandom.com/wiki/The_Code

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
given the alt-text i'm going to hail mary a prediction that that's what happens when anyone goes and looks at 'the outer barrier' and we're about to learn more about its deal

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tenebrais posted:

There was some debate in the fandom over whether they'd actually dated or if Lime had just asked HP out and been turned down.

I wonder if it was a serious relationship. The way HP puts it implies it wasn't, but it was presumably years ago and they're still a bit awkward about it.

it was probably as serious as a first relationship between teenagers ever is

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Unlucky7 posted:

Maybe it is my general paranoia but...why do I have a feeling that a shoe is going to drop soon :ohdear:

we're definitely overdue to have a tessa check-in

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
shrek is a universal constant

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
hp has never met tessa and probably doesn't know the dramatic irony in what she just shouted, yeah?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
undine, kokoro, tess, and goopy are the four main characters of the comic and it's hard to argue against that. i'd maybe add anemone in there but that's more on how she's clearly very important to the future of the comic and less so about her right now

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
you're a morose femme nutcracker

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't think anenome is fine y'all

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
tessa went out to meet goopy because she thought goop would kill her, and as far as we know she was right and she's been totally subsumed

it was a bad, irrational decision by someone suicidally depressed and you don't need a weirdass 9/11 metaphor to talk about it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
she's got the wipe effect in her eyes, she's not just playing along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i feel like five years and 12 chapters is probably a fine span of time to revisit an important point