Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Cass
Zoe
Rue
Undine
Kokomo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Yes, she could just be a non magical girl who was attacked by a monster. Might even have gotten a job because of the injury. But yes I suspect they have a post power loss job program for them.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
That's what I'm wondering too. Though it would take Tessa's agency in the situation. I'd say having her play a part going forward still would be maximally dramatic.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Zoe, Rue, Undine, Cassidy, Bud. I had Cass and bud higher since I do wish I could have a side comic of Cass being Isekaied into Kingdom hearts to fight bad guys/evil representations of her negative aspects while she grows as a person (and Bud's smug smile is great) but Rue is the Druid to Zoe's Ranger (and when I think about it Ranger Druid Monk Warlock sounds like a good team setup, everyone has a bit of magic or healing and isn't as pigeonholed) and Undine is too Water magical girl to put any lower.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Actually, given the only person in there is them and her, and they dont usually remember their dream at all anyway, is it possible the additional eye fog effect is also meant to keep the Woman In White uninformed of something as well as keep others from realizing certain facts?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Well admittedly it seems she had already made her decision before giving her the dream.

Unless she's almost meguca'd a gal, only to go '...Actually nah' and boot them out. Seems like it'd cause people complexes though.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Yeah it's pretty clear Mary's style is genuinely just a stylistic choice (a good one, but still), and she could probably break out some crazy poo poo if she wanted to.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I'd love it if Goops started getting dragged around by Tessa like the dog that caught the truck.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Now that I thought no about it, will goop Tessa lose her powers at 18 or whatever? Like I dunno if she'd live that long like this but otherwise I don't see Goops wanting to leave unless she was forced to.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
No I'm pretty sure Tessa G will be popular from presence if nothing else. I will never put her Higher than Zoe though (or Cassidy, which I'd love nothing more than to have seen in a comic getting isekaied to Kingdom Hearts.

She'd be part of the Other Radiant Garden Restoration Committee with Barret, Red XIII, and Cait Sith, and her rival would be her other half and yesIhavethoughtaboutthistoomuchwhydoyouask?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Cube drew this once in a patreon request stream.
We called her 'Unko' in the Discord.

Design looks a little bit busy, but given she has the power of four different magical girls and it was done casually on a stream I can't really dock Mary for it.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Oh boy, I wonder what they're gonna find?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
That does allow for the weird possibility of them being able to mentally affect Goops via her connection to Tessa's feelings. Dunno if that will be a thing, but I'm just thinking outloud. Like that was a sub-five second thought there folks.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Would such a world have a couple canine crepuscular periods?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Oh wait, what if Vedika turns out to be able to have some copy ability, and mimics the nurse's (hypothetical) former magical girl powers in an attempt to drag her off the monster to stop it from killing her?

Or monster power copying, or monster control (like Pokemon or something).

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Is the arm still there???

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
God she's probably getting mind whammied all the time I bet. Actually unless she's looking at the outer barrier I wonder if she and perhaps even we have the ability to piece together something that would trigger the mind blank effect.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
That's so annoying. I can see where someone with not so much patience (whether that's because of decades of waiting or just a normal thing for them) just snapping and deciding to Sans Undertale some girls to death (since there are already deaths because of the monsters anyway) if they think it will give them an opportunity to break poo poo.

I could see the idea of people who shouldn't be allowed to run things being instrumental in allowing actually good people to break free of an unjust system. Gooptessa breaks whatever is holding people from investigating, and then it's a race against time to solve the issue in a way that isn't 'rocks fall everyone dies'. This may lead our protagonists into conflict with individuals in the city (with Gooptessa and her monsters a spanner), which given Mary wants there to be responsible adults in this means there would have to be civil war where there are adults on both sides.

I still would like it to turn out that maybe everyone's powers are lost more because they are needed to actively do something, and that in the end we can have cool adult magical women doing poo poo instead of having child soldiers (like at least have it so they can have a capable adult backing them up you know?). I absolutely loath the idea magic is only for the young, as getting older has plenty of bad sides already.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
But then why does forming babby do it too?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
My understanding was she didn't expect this to be a deal so much as...

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Disliking that they attack animals, but why wouldn't they? Goo punk better be happy with whatever her mysterious goal is because she's deffo toast once her plot use is over.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I suspect Mary's cat fostering has influenced this scene.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Cassidy Isekaied into Kingdom hearts is my choice. LIke short of Goops smashing her with a truck monster this screams 'teleported to another world' to me.

Obviously she can't come back and is possibly amnesiac (since otherwise it'd cheapen things too much), but it would be cool if I could ever commission a KH'ed design of her from Mary.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I think I've said this before, but I like to think she got Isekai'ed into Kingdom hearts, formed the Traverse Town Restoration Committee with Barret and the other members of AVALANCHE, and has a rivalry with Yuffie w/r/t who can do cool parkour.

Also some incomprehensible plot where she has to fight her other half to regain her memories and return home but ends up having to sacrifice that to save the world and just live with her new found family and ninja girlfriend.

No I only write fanfic in my head.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 11, 2023

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Ragnar34 posted:

You prove yourself a coward

You are correct. @me when Mary has commissions open somewhere and I'll totally shell out for some Kingdom hearts Cassidy though.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

GodFish posted:

Patreon rewards are monthly drawing suggestions that she picks 4~ popular ones to do, Kingdom Hearts Cassidy feels like one a lot of people would vote for.

I have sent 150 Munny to attempt to entice this result. I will not rest until Cassidy is done justice.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Incorrect. She would have two χ-Blades in scissor format. Scissors on scissors Kupo!

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

I don't usually get to watch Cube's streams, but I caught about fifteen minutes of the last drawing one, and that was long enough to hear that she had accepted the bribe of the Something Awful thread and would be drawing Cassidy "soon".

Oh poo poo I need to see if there's a recording!

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
:sickos:

I-sei-kai! I-sei-kai! I-sei-kai!

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Well yes the point is Zoe is great because she just the best, and Cassidy is great because she is a garbo, but also has a super cool design and so much room to improve (in a Final Fantasy/Disney Isekai triple crossover fanfiction).

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I'm thinking more Iona as Pokemon champion of Paldea, or something like that. There's also a quest thread on Sufficient Velocity based on PMMM that I wouldn't mind a rendition of the OC main.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I think it'd be mentioned if magical girls can remember things others can't. At least the girls would notice that (or else would go staticy alot due to repeatedly noticing other people staticing), right?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Well to be fair Rue does patrol, so even if she rejects most everything else MG I imagine that is the most important one. I also doubt she would be stingy with her potions either if that was a thing that people needed and she could provide without endangering herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
... It's not possible that only former MGs can vote right?