Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I like Sleepless Domain. I’m glad it has a thread now.

That’s really all I wanted to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm a smart-rear end and put in Mary Cagle as my only vote.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I did not see that coming. :swoon:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I found out LSE and Kiwi Blitz independently of each other and only later did I think “oh, hey, the art style here is pretty simila- ohhh I’m a dumbass.”

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Permalink to the new page.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Joe Slowboat posted:

They do also get an explicitly higher-quality education, at least in terms of funding and support, so it’s entirely possible that graduated magical girls have a good set-up to start a mundane career.
Which really puts a whole new spin on Tessa's decision to transfer back to a normal school.

Fake Edit: I reread the whole comic the other day, and it's impressive how long the illusion of Tessa being the protagonist holds out.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MechaCrash posted:

That is incredibly apt and loving bleak.
Someone please combine :hmmyes: and :smith:.

Ditocoaf posted:

I mean, I'd still classify her as a protagonist. She's in a real bad place after the death of so many of her friends (which she blames herself for), and she seems to know that she should support Undine. (It was clearly genuine when she urged Undine to be safe, or at least find a new team. Tessa was only hiding her mood and her self-hatred.) But she can't help the dark doubts and jealous thoughts creeping in, given... everything. There clearly isn't enough of a support system for PTSD in this society. So she's poised to be pressured by goops into doing some really lovely things, but the whole time we'll be rooting for her to overcome all this. I can't blame her for anything, at this point.

The real tragedy in this is that Undine and Tessa are facing similar problems. They both blame themselves for the deaths of Gwen, Sylvia and Sally, but they can't lean on each other to deal with the trauma. The difference is that Undine is finding support elsewhere, while Tessa is becoming further isolated.
Okay, yes, she's still a protagonist, but everything right up until the moment of the power-transfer frames all of this as being Tessa's Defining Moment. It looks like holding Undine in her arms as she dies is going to be the capstone on her Tragic BackstoryTM. Instead, she refuses to let it be that kind of story. For the first time, Tessa stops seeing herself as the main character and her team as sidekicks. Hell, at the time, she probably thought that saving Undine's life would mean losing her own, since she put all of her power into it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This is a very well-made comic.

(Also, I just remembered the existence of Team Blitz. :allears:)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I can’t be the only one who’s absolutely certain that “what’s up with Tessa’s weird symbol” and “why is Goopy so pissed” have the same answer, right?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

For buying :hmmsmith:, however, I suggest waiting.
Quoting this so I can find it to buy it later, because I'm gonna be using it a lot in E/N.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I used to have a dog who would wag her tail so hard that her whole body moved with it. For some reason, I’m reminded of her again. :3:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Twibbit posted:

One asking earnestly the other chump is asking while putting air quotes around team.
HP, who has never had a subtle moment in her life: "Yes."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Panel five, though. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah but she was a bit edgy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That’s enough, y’all, cut it out.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Undine, what you're feeling right now is called survivor guilt and it's why these girls need therapists.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Smooooth.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Permalink to the new page. :3:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

Feels like there's gotta be a story behind that. Probably don't want magical girls in transformation throwing off weird powers everywhere, I guess.

Or maybe it's just really inconvenient to have a section of the corridor being taken up by the magic nonsense dimension while 20 seconds of stock footage plays in it.
It's like quoting Princess Bride at D&D. If one person does it, then everyone starts doing it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The i-frames of the transformation itself are useful, but you're extremely vulnerable to getting punished during the after-transformation pose.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MikeJF posted:

you can actually cut out most of the transformation between i-frames, just make sure you don't try to cut it off on a b-frame or a p-frame.
Those really are the key frames.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"Please don't blame yourself, I've got plenty of competition for that already." :smith:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

“I thought you were going to tell us that you’re dating.

“You know about that?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

What people seem to think would happen if she'd told Cassidy about Goops: Ah, yes, everything makes sense now. I am no longer jealous about you getting closer to HP than I am, nor distrustful of you.

What would've actually happened: Ah, yes, everything makes sense now. You're keeping secrets, stealing HP from me, and there's some dangerous evil being hunting you. I'm going to try to drive you away from the group and/or beat some answers out of you.

More information would not have stopped Cassidy from being Cassidy. That's the point of tragedy, you goofuses, the character is doomed by their fatal flaw, the circumstances are just the mechanics of how it happens.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

The real mystery is still what is Goops and why does she have Hella Beef with Team Alchemical.

Personally I have vague theories that Goops is literally the person powering the nightly shield and her functionally eternal imprisonment is why she's Hella Mad but that's COMPLETELY speculative.
My money is still on her being Alchemical Void.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This is a good comic

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kennel posted:

Last panel: Cassidy arrives: "Sorry for being late. I was visiting my grandma."
"She has a nice farm upstate."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kennel posted:

They have so much in common! They both wear purple and are responsible for Team Alchemical's deaths.
:vince:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Reading back, this revelation makes this much, much more interesting.

She can't have the dream again, because someone or something is blocking it. And now we have a pretty good idea of who. (Also, lol, totally forgot that she only found out about Goops in the first place because whats-her-face broke the fourth wall.)

Edit: Zoe's theme is a 'magical pop remix' of Metal Mario, according to alt text, and I think I found something sorta fitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elha5xZJCbM

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 12, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

Interesting revelation from Rue that monsters die off naturally once the barriers reset. Seems to imply that either most of the time there's a field inside the city killing off monsters automatically that needs to turn off in the middle of the night, or that the inner barrier is sustaining the monsters in the first place and they can't survive without it.
What if the monsters aren't the reason for the barrier, but are a side-effect of the barrier, and its actual purpose is for something else entirely?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

What the gently caress there was a new GwtB page two weeks ago???? Why did nobody tell me?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Twibbit posted:

They do almost seem thematic. But who wants a team where everyone shares a color. https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-17-page-10
Oh my God, Bud is crushing on Zoe. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

rannum posted:

peer pressure
Works every time.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Alt Text: Ah, everyone's favorite meme, the concept of Sleep.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

rannum posted:

considering what happened to her arm, it's definitely a prosthetic https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-10-page-31

considering steffi has a cool robo leg prosthetic i assume mingxing has an equally cool robo arm

Welp, add Sleepless Domain to the list of webcomics where if I read an old page, I'm going to spend hours reading the rest of them up to the current one.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

rannum posted:

considering what happened to her arm, it's definitely a prosthetic https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-10-page-31

considering steffi has a cool robo leg prosthetic i assume mingxing has an equally cool robo arm

Okay, so, question. Did they ever explain how baby Kokoro survived the attack? Because it clearly broke in with targeted lethal intent towards someone, given the lack of surrounding damage.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Given how many unanswered questions there are around that whole thing, including how Goopy knows about it, I think there's definitely more to the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

As far as I can see, Mitsuki hid Kokoro in the closet, then toppled the cabinet in front of it, then blocked the closet physically with her body, such that the ice monster froze it further closed when it killed her.

Then, either being unable to get to Kokoro or for some reason not wanting to, the monster sat and waited until Mingxing turned up.
Oh, yeah. That makes sense. I'd just parsed the room as completely trashed, but now that you mention it, I can't find any way to contradict that interpretation.

I still strongly suspect that the attack was targeted and there's more to the story, it'd be too convenient of a coincidence otherwise, but at least that part makes sense.