Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

This comic is like the webnovel Worm if Worm was cute and grimdark instead of grimdark and grimdark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Cassidy's power teleports her true body back to the surviving body when one dies. As they both died at the same time the power got buggy and dropped her real body at coordinate 0,0.

If I recall that's near the Deadmines.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

rannum posted:

Guys I'm not sure but I think this Cassidy person might be dead

Dead serious about providing years worth of speculation to the fans.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Julius CSAR posted:

Cassidy’s parents got jobs in Canada so she moved to Toronto with them

They both got a job in a ribbon factory and Cassidy joined them in the most thematic way she could.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Ashcans posted:

Confirmed that Cassidy will have a new power set when she returns!

Cassidy is now a pair of scissors that have to be pulled apart by a human to activate her power.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Cass was is very divisive.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

They can share the blame. Just get all the blame, pile it in a heap and then cut it into equal pieces. I'm positive they had someone with scissors running around somewhere.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

rannum posted:

thanks to mutual wrong turns, goops winds up at rayuba while incubus winds up in the sleepless domain city that i dont think has a name

shenanigans ensue

Incubus shows up in dreams and gives people power, while he likes to be dressed in a white robe.

Kinda reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it. Keeps slipping my mind...

nimby fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Oct 19, 2020

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Goops is winning the war on magical girls by default, because she's staying the same strength or even getting stronger while her main adversary is growing weaker over time.

Undine was the one that got away, so going to be more of a focus for Goops to take down. But she's not in a real hurry because as it stands she's going to get her girl.

Goops being entirely wrong and Undine setting up a successful resistance to the growing power isn't something that'd crosses Goops' mind.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

jng2058 posted:

See I get that, but I think that they're really underestimating the usefulness of secure long range battle communications. If they can get Vedika's powers working more reliably she could end up being one of the most useful members of the group, even if she never kills a single monster.

They're young teenage magical girls. They're still in the mindset that punching/stabbing things is the best approach, if at first it doesn't work just punch/stab harder.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I'm going to guess that Vedika trying to read Goops will end with Vedika vomiting darkness.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Poor Vedika, thought of Goops and died.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The outer barrier is a series of billboards telling people they're being held hostage by the golden woman. The rest of the world is fine, she's just taken over an entire city in a moment of emotional distress.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

"Kids, Cassidy is missing and we haven't found a shred of evidence, can anyone help out?"

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I'm guessing Undine's going to spill the Goops on Auntie Mingxing.

Auntie is either not going to buy it or know exactly what Undine's talking about and offer her thoughts about what the government thinks Goops is.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

They all get their power from the same source, maybe the woman in white implants some subtle controls that make it very hard for MGs to contemplate attacking one another.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Bussamove posted:

How many teenagers do you know that are in to gardening?

Everyone who isn't in the after-school training club is actually in gardening club. The stairs up are just very rickety so they can only go to the roof one by one (and most MGs don't abuse their powers of flight to skip stairs during the day).

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Bussamove posted:

All the girls are the best, it's just that some happen to be The Very Best.

(It's Bud and Rue)

Goops is a girl. Is she also the very best?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The facial expression is somehow more ominous if you flip it around.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Is there a breakthrough in the works?

https://twitter.com/SleeplessDomain/status/1418128397478289411?s=19

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Julius CSAR posted:

Man the cracking glass panels are such an extremely great visual shorthand to show Tessa’s fragile mental state. Also, I feel like it’s a pretty significant thing that Tessa remembers her convo with Anemone now.

I think the cracked panels are heralding a bit of a breakthrough in the overall mythology of the Magical Girl society, but I don't think Tessa remembers the conversation. I think she's getting flashes from it, but not anything coherent.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

She was talking to Tessa just fine until she wanted to disappear and talking about the woman in white, which blanked out Tessa's memory but didn't affect her at all.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

girl dick energy posted:

Honestly, writing "clap" over and over again as mocking sarcastic applause is a goddamn power move.

How fast does goops write, though. I'm imagining her taking 5 minutes slowly scrawling all the claps while Tessa gets more and more annoyed.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/SleeplessDomain/status/1443466607959891973?s=19

Goops' eye is still hosed, so the damage done was more severe than I assumed.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Maybe Goops pulls Tessa into the barrier, which ends up being the way monsters get created. More complex/stronger lifeforms create more powerful monsters, so dark Tessa becomes the ultimate powerhouse that levels the city.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

How much is it going to be Goops supercharging her magical battery with nightmare juice versus Goops wearing Tessa as a magical girl skin-suit to perform shenanigans during daytime?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Goops is gone, never to return.

Because we have an alt-text.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I'm really interested in seeing what Anemone has to say about this situation. I wouldn't put it past her to just talk about a recipe for pumpkin cupcakes or something though.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/SleeplessDomain/status/1448166905030844416

So Goops did this before, with Anemone?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

I could imagine them breaking up explosively later...

So can Goops.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Goops has no real reason to lie to Tessa, at least not via nightmare. Goops needs Tessa to be cooperative to have more agency in the city, while Tessa is so far down the depression hole she was ready to let Goops kill her. If Goops just wanted to subsume her will, she'd be doing more terror, I think.

Showing the original power-granting dream (with perhaps some scenes edited out) might be enough to turn Tessa.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Maybe there's a cadre of magical girls who have the power to create meat, eggs, dairy and vegetables.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

With the power of forgetting that's active, maybe the Woman in White gives out dreams like candy and only decides after a series of dream interviews. This dream was Tessa's final call-back.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Is Goops getting more than she bargained for? Tessa's talent for magic being too great so that Goops is no longer the one in control?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Ragnar34 posted:

I'm optimistic! Things are really turning around for Tessa today.

She's smiling again. That's a good sign, right?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

A Sometimes Food posted:

Pretty sure the way this is gonna play out is Goops not realising she isn't in control until it's clear Tessa's going further than she wants. Like I just reckon that it's gonna turn out Goops wasn't the devil in this deal. Probably a ways off though.

Goops very much was the devil. Just the robot devil in the episode where he has to give his hands to Fry and needs to set up an elaborate scheme to get them back.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Kokoro's on her way to find Cassidy, who's been trapped inside the spirit realm all this time.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

girl dick energy posted:

Where the story goes from here really depends on if the monsters disappeared with the barrier or not, doesn't it?

Wild guess theory:
Goops tried merging with Anemone and that drove her crazy, according to Goops. Maybe Anemone found a way to control the monster part of herself by expelling it at night through the barrier?

Maybe Goops is still merged with Anemone and split itself to also merge with Tessa.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Ditocoaf posted:

That smallest, plainest note seems plot-weighty -- I'm guessing "outer science" refers to the world outside the bubble.

And no adults want to sponsor it. Wild guess: it's a government-sanctioned boycot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

TwoPair posted:

"But I've seen them all" is a really cool battle line coming from someone with (partial) omniscience

It's also got multiple meanings.

Did she's seen all the tricks? Or all the monsters sneaking up on her? Both?