Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Important news:

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1283296147315011584

Zoe/Rue 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Zoe
Rue
Claire
Bud
Vedika

Pretty clearly the superior ranking 😏

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Shameful lack of love for Undine in here :colbert:

The problem is that we only have five spots to vote for; for me, Undine and Kokoro just barely didn't make the cut, as did Cass.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Wittgen posted:

Heck yeah.

That perfectly sized step is the real MVP.

Like two updates ago Mary wrote on Patreon "Why did I set this scene on a staircase stairs are hard to draw"

... Well then I guess that's why!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1284404948244082688

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I just want to drive-by say how much I love that the setting is extremely queer-positive. We've had examples of lesbians, bisexuals, and trans girls (no gays or trans boys yet but that's kinda due to the fact that there are exactly zero male main characters), and no one bats an eyelid at it; the only "problem" was Zoe's parents going "Bloody hell we thought we were done with worrying if our child would come home in the morning or not when our first daughter aged out of the magical girl system but SURPRISE we have another daughter!" which is fully undestandable.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

fyi, from Patreon: the next page will have also the results of the popularity poll, so get your vote in soon if you haven't already.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Team U-Haul in the top spot again

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Bud's eyes are like that when she's transformed because her eyes turn into the funnels she shoots her lasers from.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Girls kissing girls...

(Avatar sized, but if anyone would like to buy this, reminder that Lowtax still gets the monies from all forum purchases, so think before you buy.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I remembered the letter, but not what was written on it.

"Thank you for being so kind to me while I'm still figuring things out" is a really big mood.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Is this the first indication we got that other magical girls also saw the bird running around? And that it happens often enough that Bud is inquiring into / suspicious about it?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

To be fair, magical girls seem to instinctively get a full knowledge of how their powers work and how to use them when they get the dream. On the other hand, adults could help out with stuff like tactics and such, so there's really no excuse.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

It got a successful Kickstarter for the first volume, I have it sitting in my library.

Of course that's different from being picked up by an actual publisher, but still.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/krekalie/status/1311197752198533121

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Kennel posted:

The solution is to :sever: with anyone who shows admiration or affection to you.

Something got severed alright.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, probably.

Which is starkly different from what Bud is expecting.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Mary posted on Patreon that Undine wants Zoe to hear about Goops too, because she thinks Goops is loving with her, specifically, and Zoe's relatives were just caught in between.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

rannum posted:

gabby just off panel also listening to all this: drat, sounds rough

Gabby is just mad because all of this serious talk is distracting her from her lifts.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

V.. Vedika? :ohdear:

Now, did she know from the start, independently, or did she know because she accidentally took a peek into Undine's mind when they were training?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Cassidy. Honey. I get that you really like HP, but it's quite a leap from Vedika saying "She has something she can't tell us" to you going "Tell me what you're hiding or I'll shank you" on Undine.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

This is fine.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Prediction: Mingxing looks at Kokoro and Undine interacting for a while, and then goes "Huh."

"Huh? Huh what?" Kokoro says.

"Oh, nothing, it's just that all this time I thought you were straight. Good on ya, girl."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

jng2058 posted:

Actually, considering how horrified HP was when she learned Cassidy attacked Undine ("You attacked her with your WEAPON?") makes it seem that HP at least considers seriously fighting another Magical Girl to be unthinkable, so tat's probably been drilled into them from very early on.

When Kokoro and Harley sparred, Harley transformed, then instantly dismissed her brass knuckles saying basically "nope, won't be using these for this fight."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Bussamove posted:

Pretty sure Rue could get some decent air with her potions but that's less flying and more exploding herself in the direction she wants to go. :v:

Hey now, rocket jumping (or, in this case, grenade jumping) is a time-honoured tradition :colbert:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm sorry, I may be reading too much into it, but.

Kokoro here says "Is dad here already?"

Not "My dad", just "dad."

Is... Is this gal Kokoro's sister or stepmom or something? :thunk:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

rannum posted:

*uproarious applause*

Shh. Quiet. Do not distract her.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

jng2058 posted:

Holy poo poo, how did I never notice that before?

Here's Goops' first appearance: https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-2-page-16

....and here's Goops distracting Undine in battle: https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-8-page-31

...and yeah, no alt text at all! Nice catch!

It also get meta about it. Chapter 5 page 12 has alt text, but the two pages after that, in which Goops shows up, don't. Then, on page 15, the alt text is: "...Is that weirdo gone? Phew, I can talk again."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Zoe, Rue, Bud, Kokoro, Undine. In that order.

I feel bad for leaving out other characters I really like (Vedika, Harley, Undine's mom) but what can ya do. Only got five votes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

"Um excuse me, what the gently caress?"

(The scorpion monster, probably)