Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I think I had a theory re: a connection between Goops, Tessa, Undine and Team Alchemical at large, but it's faded away like a dream...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

nimby posted:

Cassidy's power teleports her true body back to the surviving body when one dies. As they both died at the same time the power got buggy and dropped her real body at coordinate 0,0.

If I recall that's near the Deadmines.

this trick will shave hours off the any-% speedruns

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

rannum posted:

their rwby vol 8 series makes a very strong case for this being a fake show, being ppropped up by false flag actors

as far as I can tell, the protagonists destroyed two cities and got a whole bunch of people killed for like, no reason? also they're doing the equivalent of bringing the one ring to sauron and just begging him to take it

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

clearly the outsider dude....'s pet rat

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

relitigate is a weird word to use with one's teenage daughter

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

we've been trying to reach you about your automotive insurance

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Anemone, Kokoro, Zoe, Bud, Gabby (mostly for laughs) for me but dang shoulda voted for Dill, or maybe Catfe waitress/cats or maybe one of the monsters

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I do think it's important tht while Tessa initially framed it in terms of 'isolation', she quickly clarified to 'my friends are fighting/in danger and I want to help' which is pretty selfless imo

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Ok I definitely read only the first panel and started freaking out that a fake Kokoro had appeared to trick Undine

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Ragnar34 posted:

Judging by the way they talk on their podcast, there might also be a dash of "what if RWBY was actually good" but I don't know anything about RWBY and I wouldn't know it if I saw it.

there's... similarities. RWBY's first few seasons were set in an academy for super powered teens learning to become hunters, who fight monsters that are an existential level of threat, with humanity largely confined to walled city-states.

however, this basic premise also describes Attack on Titan, mostly. Probably others, as well.

But there's tonal/aesthetic similarities between RWBY and SD, with bright colours and fanciful costumes, a cutesy facade over darker subject matter. Except yeah, RWBY squanders pretty much all the interesting aspects and is just... bad, and poorly made and poorly written.

Also, and I think Mary would agree, the protagonists of RWBY are absolutely the villains in the last few seasons, and the show does not acknowledge this at all. (Like, hey the magic artifact the bad guys are after is in a magic vault that the bad guys haven't actually shown they can get inside of... we're going to take it out, and don't have a plan where to put it. Also, it's a load bearing magical artifact, and removing it will cause the floating city to collapse. Don't worry, we'll evacuate the civilians... oh woops, the antagonists attacked in order to get the artifact, putting them in danger. ps. where did we evacuate the civilians to? A desert full of monsters)

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Feb 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I think probably mentioning "she called me on the phone! during the day!" would be important to mention in regards to goop being a monster or not (or if she is, that that's something monsters can do)