Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Thanks for making the thread! This is a good comic and I'm excited to see where it ultimately goes. Honestly, my only criticism (at the moment) is that I wish Tessa would show up more—at the beginning it seemed like she was going to be a much more central character, but at this point her appearances (Which are one of the only ways in which we get to see glimpses of the non-magical girl side of the world) are pretty few and far between.

Also, bold prediction that's probably wrong: Cassidy isn't actually dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Rand Brittain posted:

Anemone is saying, as literally as she can, "readers, please be aware that Cassidy is loving dead." There's no game here.

this only heightens my resolve that she's definitely coming back any second now

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Elfface posted:

Cass is a ghost in the shadow-magic-dimension, but she won;t show up for another thousand pages, so we'll think she's dead, but actually she's the key to defeating goops, as a crack of light magic in the dark.

ah, the Daniel Jackson approach

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Kennel posted:

And then I did this

Not proud of tired Brezhnev gag, but I ran out of creativity, so that's what you get today

:lol:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Did a re-read the other day and man I hope Mark shows up again soon, I wanna find out his deal.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
When it comes to Cassidy it's really a tale of two halves.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Captain Oblivious posted:

“It’s probably impossible to make an effective anti-war film that heavily features war” is the growing consensus largely thanks to films like Full Metal Jacket and Starship Troopers. Audiences love the boot too much to comprehend.

Good news, there's at least one film that avoids that problem! :shepicide:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

habeasdorkus posted:

Is that from Black Book by Verhoeven?

"And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and See.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him"

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Roland Jones posted:

I just realized something. Zoe's going to definitely tell Rue about this, since it'd be irresponsible not to. Rue actually saw Goopy herself, meanwhile; when she was getting pincered by the two halves of the bug, Goops poked her hand out of the ground and guided one of them to her, which Rue saw, though she obviously lacked the necessary information to know the significance of the weird purple hand she saw.

I wonder if that'll lead to something important. Rue's the only person besides Undine (and kind of Anemone but she doesn't count) to have actually seen Goopy (and lived); if she makes the connection between what Zoe is (probably) going to tell her and what she saw, that might lead to her actually trying to get in touch with other magical girls besides Zoe. Or maybe not; even if she does make the connection it might not seem like as big a deal to her as it actually is.

This makes sense, especially since it could logically also lead to Rue reaching out to Tessa and potentially interrupting her downward spiral.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Ooh I hadn't noticed that, great detail.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Twibbit posted:

"Some creepy monster killed all my friends"

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Bussamove posted:

Greatly appreciating these Cassidy puns.

They're certainly a cut above.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
It is interesting that Mark never explicitly says he's from outside the city, even though literally everything he says and does implies it (Such as, for instance, saying he's guilty of trespassing on the page after the one ronya linked).

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I love how both of these kids are tremendous dorks

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Brought To You By posted:

The really morbid thing underlying this whole incident is that I don't think there are many situations where there isn't even a body to bury.

You say that, but considering the variety of monsters that they fight I could easily imagine that situation being relatively common.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

ElMaligno posted:

Man, i thought jumping to conclusions is not an Olympic sport, yet this loving clown just made a loving world record.

I mean it's speculation, but imo it's certainly within the realm of possibility.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Undine goes to tell the President, but it turns out it's an entirely ceremonial position with no real power.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I feel like this can go in one of two ways:

-Tessa is empowered and/or possessed by Goops
-Tessa is attacked and left for dead, but is rescued before she can bleed out (Maybe by Mark? He hasn't shown up in a while. I wanna know his deal!)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
What I find really interested is the text in the background:

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE

IT'S NOT RIGHT

LET ME OUT

IT HAS TO STOP

WHY

I DON'T BELONG IN HERE

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 14, 2021

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
It's a very good comic. Great art, great writing, good pacing, Cagle has really been knocking it out of the park.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Turns out Tessa is actually a huge Raiders fan, that's just how she dresses up on game day.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
i can't believe kokoro is fuckin dead

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Tiny Myers posted:

Can't believe this thread would engage in such egregious Rue erasure.

can confirm, Rue is rad as hell

e: seriously she's a witch that throws grenades, what isn't there to like

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Cattail Prophet posted:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we saw Rue sooner rather than later. She's maybe the one other person in the story besides Undine right now that might be able to recognize Tessa on sight, and depending on who exactly is in the driver's seat I'm not sure that Gooptessa would think to avoid her.

On the other hand, Team Alchemical was one of the most popular teams around for a while, so it wouldn't be surprising if someone else recognized her. It's only been... what, less than a month since the start of the comic?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
well I'm sure these actions will have no negative repercussions

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Ragnar34 posted:

I'm now picturing that one adult who's too fanatical and unquestioning to ever lose her powers and is now both the most dangerous soldier of them all, and balls loving crazy.

Ah, so Mina Loveberry from Star vs. the Forces of Evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I've been on an Animorphs kick as of late and I see this comic falling into the same sort of genre — teenaged protagonists fighting a literal war using incredible powers they never asked for, enduring very explicit psychological trauma along the way.