Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
The mouth burger attack that almost killed Kokoro was right after Undine told her and before the threatening phone call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I always read it as her mom's dead body was holding the door of the cabinet she hid Kokoro in shut. But there's no actual indication she was in the cabinet, so maybe since the monster was sitting on the ground it couldn't see her in the crib?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Ah, you're right, thats what I was thinking of.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I know Cube has been watching this years precure anyway, she mentions it in their season taster episode.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Finally the best character has returned, Cool Jacket.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
It does seem like she had a personal reason to go after Team Alchemical though based on what she says to Undine. That said, she definitely wasn't aiming to kill Tessa, but maybe driving her into depression/guilt over the deaths of her team while she wasn't there was part of the plan.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
The mouth-burger was sent to take her down though, it was designed to counter HP's punch powers and if Undine hadn't managed the water-cutter move for the first time it would have eaten her pretty easily as well.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Nice touch that goops and tessa are both 'missing' the same eye

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Tessa burned out her power instead of fading out like a normal magical girl, I wonder if that means Goops can just fill her empty batteries back up with goopy-magic power, where a normal person would have got the yelly-gasmouth disease and maybe died.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
While the power boost from Tessa certainly helped, we can see from Undine's work with HP that she can do a lot more than she was ever let do with Team Alchemical. And that's without the combo attacks they could do. If they hadn't been pushed into support roles it seems likely that they all could have been much heavier hitters.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

rannum posted:

What's really messed me up is that the comic itself started in 2015, which both feels way further away and also "just last year"

What??? gently caress

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
The Holly Jolly interstial does imply that Anemone is at least ageless.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Magical Girl Pretty Good Shot

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

thechosenone posted:

You are correct. @me when Mary has commissions open somewhere and I'll totally shell out for some Kingdom hearts Cassidy though.

Patreon rewards are monthly drawing suggestions that she picks 4~ popular ones to do, Kingdom Hearts Cassidy feels like one a lot of people would vote for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

ronya posted:

I don't think a culture inured to superpowered child soldiers would have a taboo around child soldiers. It's more like being a Soviet gymnast: some of you will die, some of you will have life-changing injuries, most of you will have a mediocre career before fading back into normal life, but a few will be celebrated national stars, and anyway your informed consent in the stakes - if you are identified early to have potential - may be less than entirely ideal.

Unfortunately the reader is not shown how many children have the dream (it can't be that frequent, or it wouldn't be special) and yet do not participate in civil defence. The vivid and sudden hair colour should make it impossible to hide. But Rue does not appear to suffer any social sanction.
Perhaps non-combat and non-useful powers are common enough that merely being an MG is not tantamount to being a useful MG.

Rue does also go out to fight, she just doesn't participate in the programs that are handled by the government to help.

We do see Zoe being bullied for not going out to fight but attending the special magical girl school, though only once, so there is some stigma, but that also seems to be more about benefiting without the risks rather than not participating at all.