Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

How long before Bud finds out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I could see the first part happening, especially if Goops plays up Tessa's "see, now you aren't needed at all, don't you miss being needed" issues.

I do not see the second part happening. Seems a bit fridgy, you know? And I don't think Cagle wants to to start fridging people for cheap hit. What happened to Team Alchemical had weight and is the framing device for the story, and what happened to Cass may have further implications, but "Tessa wrecks HP which gets a rise out of Undine" feels less than great.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

The truth of if Undine is abandoning Tessa isn't relevant. What matters is if Tessa thinks that's the case. And as we all know, depressionGoops is an insidious liar.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

My thoughts on when you can stop using spoiler tags is basically to use tags for the first few posts after a "hey guys new page" type post, so that someone finding out there's a new page via this thread will not immediately get spoiled. If you find out there's a new page and keep scrolling down instead of pausing to read one page, buddy, that's on you. I guess maybe if you're at work or otherwise doing something where you can't go to the site to read the page, but in that case, why are you browsing Something Awful?

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

With the way Cassidy went out, I am pretty sure she's dead, but the circumstances are weird enough that if she comes back somehow, I will not call foul. Since maybe she's not actually dead because of the weird way she unwound, or maybe she unwound like that because c'mon we're not doing Spec Ops Asuka or Magical Girl Site or whatever grimderp bullshit.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Just to be clear here, I agree that Cassidy is absolutely loving dead. I just think that there's enough Weird Magic poo poo going on that there's a chance she isn't.

But y'know just because there's a chance she's somehow not dead does not mean that she is not dead. Because she's totally dead.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Bud is a postal service truck pressed into service by the sanitation department.

Because she is shipping trash. :haw:

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Joe Slowboat posted:

They do also get an explicitly higher-quality education, at least in terms of funding and support, so it’s entirely possible that graduated magical girls have a good set-up to start a mundane career.

Other than all the PTSD. Assuming they survive.

I think that getting any kind of PTSD is actually pretty rare. Most of the stuff that crops up seems to be trash mobs that the magical girls can wipe out without too much difficulty, as seen here where Undline is kind of just casually launching the bacteria thingies and splatting them into a wall. So most nights you just kind of curbstomp your way through most of the trash, which are only dangerous because regular civilians can't fight back against them.

And then, on occasion, you run into a big motherfucker, and then everything goes to poo poo with a capital gently caress and half your friends die.

But things of that magnitude seem to be rare, so severe magical girl injuries and death are fairly uncommon, which is why everyone is so shocked when it finally happens.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Ditocoaf posted:

The comic's gone out of its way to show that the world at large is moving past the deaths of 3 girls remarkably quickly. Just a few days later and it was already at the "team alchemical memorial SALE!" stage. It seems to me like things like this happen more often than it feels like they do, and it's just "a tragedy" on the news for a short moment, then the people directly affected are left to suffer on their own.

It's really analagous to school shootings, now that I think of it.

That is incredibly apt and loving bleak.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

HP was pretty smooth when she asked about the official team-up, but now she's getting the yips.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Yeah. I don't think it's come up in the comic, but Bud's ace.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

We've already seen most of the main cast of Kiwi Blitz as Team Blitz, but we also saw Frances Freeman (aka Steffi's Dad's Assistant) as a magical girl in part of a crowd shot at the school, and Reed Bahia is Rue's dad.

It is possible we've seen members of Alter running around, but didn't recognize them without being all animal-y.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

While I acknowledge that you're shitposting, I think if that did get addressed, it'd be because "a constant reminder that everyone is in a place that turns into a monster-infested hellhole every night that nobody can leave" is probably a very bad thing.

But it probably won't come up because, yeah, it's not that kind of story.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I think that the timing of the barrier dropping means that most of the patrolling MGs will go "wait, isn't it a bit early" but not immediately realize that everything has gone shitways. I don't know how much damage the monsters can do in fifteen minutes, but I think "enough that this is very bad, all hands on deck."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Also, notice that this "Tessa's" hair is covering the same eye that's all hosed up on Goops. Does she have her regular eye under that, or is it still showing the marks of what Cassidy did to Goops?